Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so things arent looking so good here in southern michigan. Somethings i noticed on my used 1988 Formula MX is that i had disconnected the electrical conneciton by the coolant resivor and since i did that the temp gauge doesnt work, on a good note the gas gage works. Besides the normal summerization of the machine is there anything else that i should be prepared for before putting it away for the summer. I think this will be the first time in its entire life that it will be properly stored. I am going to pull the skis to shorten the legnth of the machine in my shed and hopefully i can do the same with my 85 yamaha xlv as well. My goals for the summer is to pull the rear skid out, replace any and all broken or worn parts and hopefully put a new 15 x 121 track w/ 1 inch lugs on it. One thing i dont get though, do you have to narrow the skid up to fit everything? Also another thing i would love to do, but probably wont any time soon is to replace the hood with one of a 92-93 to give it the updated look!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Winter is not over YET!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumbsup: winter is never over in this house . I just go into preping for next snowfall, even though its 6 mos away :undercover:

mutt[/b]

MUTT! i am hoping that winter is not over too! but, realisticly its been 40 degrees down here the last couple days and the snow is going fast. I want to prepare for the next snowfall too, thats why i am asking questions now :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, Don't give up yet. It's been 3-4 degrees above freezing here in south central Ontario the last two days too. Hell there is even bare spots showing on the rail line trail in Haliburton an hour and a half north of me yesterday. BUT, it is snowing now as I speak. I have a '94 Mach with the PRS chassis so you can look for one of those years too.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts