Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 00 zr500 carb for two years now.  Right away when i bought it i added vforce2 reeds, black magic reed block spacers, and a 1.375 stiffpaddle track and a 55-51 helix.  I also ran a Black Magic Monoblock head with pumpfuel inserts last winter.  I wasn't to impressed with the head I only noticed a slight increase in lowend power and a headache with finding premium gas.  So this winter I'm considering adding a DD single pipe, possibly K&N pods (I'm sick of messing with the airbox for jet changes) and for sure adding and EGT if i add the pipe.  Any suggestions for addons or setups would be appreciated.

A

·
0 Posts
ZR whatever you do put on the single pipe.  You get unbelievable low end power with the D&D.  Don't get twins.

·
Registered
884 Posts
ZRT600, I am not trying to start a war here, but what are you basing your decision between a single aftermarket and twin aftermarket pipes?  I ran Twin Black Magic and also Aaen Pipes on my wifes 500ZL and thought there was an awesome difference in power.  This sled flew and would easily smack larger CC'ed sleds.  It was clutched very well as well.  ZR500, I personally would reccomend getting Twin Pipes for your sled, but lets see what others have to offer on this topic.  Another idea would be to find a salvage yard that would take your cylinders in on trade for a set of 600's.  The 600 with the pipes would run very well also!  Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Carrules,  No there is no need for a war, I am not petty like that.  lol   Granted not all sleds run the same but my neighbor in Atlanta,MI bought a 98 ZL500 and the second year he gutted the airbox, put on a D&D breather and put on twins.  He, for the fun of it, wanted to race so we did.  He got just what I though, spanked BAD.  He, from what he told me, got on the phone with D&D many times over the course of the next summer and they told him to make one change, put on their single pipe.  He gave an arguement on replacing twins with a single but gave in and bought the single.  That next winter we lined them up again and keep in mind, for a fact, the only change was the pipe.  I got my a*# spanked 3 out of 5 runs, on my ZRT with V-Force and stingers and the 2 runs I won were not by much.  Go figure.  Should I call Ripley's?  ha ha

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think D&D offers twins for the 500.  They last time I ordered from black magic we had some issues so it will be awhile before I order from them again.  Any experience with K&N pods.  I noticed a difference on my pickup after I installed one of their filters.  Is there any other brands you would recomend or anyone had problems with pods.  Also what size pods and angle would you suggest.  Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
zr500 ----- If you are interested I have a D&D pipe and quiet can for sale,off my 2000zr500.
Let me know.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Firecat I sent you email.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts