Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmm,

Should I get a new F7?  Or stay with my ZR6?

I am undeceided on this.  A new F7 would be sweet, but with as with any new product on the market there is a chance of recalls.

I got a price of 9000.00 CAD on a new black F7.  How many people here have ordered one?  What did you pay?  Anyone get theres yet?

Cheers

newf  

A

·
0 Posts
I thought it was a required thing that all moderators had atleast 800cc machines.  ha ha  Just kiddin' ya.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thats a #### good price. I payed $10000.00 for the Sno-Pro & the dealer was selling the standard for $9400.00

·
Registered
47 Posts
I want to see how the new f's work out this year before I lay
down my hard earned cash on one. The total new sled looks cool and very well may be but, the late build dates and a non-
production sled at the spring shows have me holding on till next year. Let them work the bugs out then I will buy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would wait a year, at least that is what I am doing. Also anxious to see if they come out with the F6 that has been rumored about.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I would agree w/mcali.  If you're unsure, and your current sled is still reliable, I would wait 'til next season to make a move.  But then, I typically don't buy something in the first year of production.  Next year they will either add something new to the sled, or just make a part of the sled better, and you may wish you would have waited.  Let them work the bugs out.  I remember the crank problems w/the Yammis in '97 or '98...my buddy's sled was in the shop more than not in the first season.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
get the f7 then next year you can trade it on a f9
just kidding,the f7 looks like a kick ### sled,wet weight i think was around 530,wow!!!its going to kick some 800 butt this year

·
Registered
74 Posts
There's a number of things to consider.

1. If your happy with your current sled and don't have to upgrade to the latest thing each year, there's no harm in staying with the current sled.

2. Insurance issues.  In Canada you have to have your sled insured, at least that's what I've heard. . . maybe it's only for Ontario.  The price for insurance for a sled over 650cc's is higher in the States, if your getting a loan in the states you need insurance also.   Check that factor as it could add to the cost of the new F7.

3. Being first on the block is fun however.

With the above said here's why I ended up getting an F7.

1. I saw the Braaap pack ride "modified" Sno-Pro's at the Pontiac Silverdome last year in an indoor Super Snowcross event.  One of the modified Braap pack SnoPro's did what can only be described as a wheelie on the back stretch that was pretty unbelievable.  It was a 40 or 50 yard wheelie where he leaned back and opened up on the sled and the thing was WAY off the ground and that moment was for me one of the highlights of the event.  (Not withstanding another highlight watching Blair Morgan completely crush and smoothly ride over moguls on the REV chassis.)

My friend and I discussed the sled that they had to be used and we figured it had to be some kind of highly modified Sno-Pro with a 711 or some such engine in it.  The most likely scenario.  The thought of a custom 700cc powered Sno-Pro seemed like a dream that would be unattainable to us but a fun fantasy.  (If you haven't got the point by now keep reading.)

So anyway Cat comes out with the F7 and I see that it has WOWWWW, like 140 HP, that's like a ZR800 in power when it came out and it weighs the same as a Sno-Pro.  Still curious about the chassis and price of the REV I check out the price of a REV at my local dealer and find out a REV with a 600cc engine is $8200 US out the door.  Wow, pricey and who knows if I'd like the new riding position.  Hmm.  The F7 is $7600 out the door with about 15 more ponys than the REV 600 and it weighs less.  I see the Patriot graphic scheme and that does it, especially after looking at the photos of the thing online that one of the dealers has on one of the websites.  That did it.  The thought of having something as light and powerful as a Sno-Pro modified with a 711 pushed me over the edge and I decided to sell my ZR600 which is a very nice sled.  (My ZR600 was the "Blair Morgan" Special Edition sled and has reverse clickers, 1.25 Preditor track and all the bells and whistles, so I needed something special to attract me to move away from it.)

That's how I made my decision.  The great thing about the Artic Cat F7 is.  

1. It's price point and power to weight ratio.
2. It will be under a warrenty.  Vs. a mod racing Sno-Pro which wouldn't have one if bought from a racer "used".
3. They're going to be making them so they will be available and parts will be easily available at Arctic dealers.

This makes the decision easy.  It's just a matter of figuring out when to make the switch.  Either way you win.

Greg

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, after some thought and reading everyone's responses I don't think I will get one this year.

My ZR6 has worked flawless over the last two seasons.  Except now it needs new track and new clutch, oh well, that is minor maintenance.

It will be interesting to see how well those F7's preform.

Next Season.

newf

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
JUst remeber that next year a new sled is worth 1500 less plus the tax you lose.  just s though, you can do alot of fixing for this money.  Plus they do not make the zr600 any more,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Two of my good friends both got the F7's sno pro's. One paid 7800 out the door, and the other 7250 out the door. Another friend bought the F5 sno pro and got it 2 days ago. We were taking it across his pond, and draging it in the field, that is one hell of a 500. If the 700 runs like I think it will, WOW! , that will be one fun sled. I on the other hand bought the ZR900 and am very happy. I know I haven't seen snow with it, but it sure skips on water pretty good!! I guess I am just addicted to CC's Can't help it, I know that doesn't make it a better sled, but I am a lake man myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:devil: HA HA I KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU WORK AT CITY HALL AND YOUR NAME START`S WITH AN A.ONLY ONE QUESTION WHY IS YOUR NET NAME NEWF.ARE YOU A NEWF.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Originally posted by snow cat@Oct 11 2002, 01:23 AM
:devil: HA HA I KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOU WORK AT CITY HALL AND YOUR NAME START`S WITH AN A.ONLY ONE QUESTION WHY IS YOUR NET NAME NEWF.ARE YOU A NEWF.
Wow! We have allot of psycics around here lately!haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts