Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I am about to order a cluch kit from EPI for my 1994 Indy trail deluxe, it i a 488 f/c w. electric start , reverse, and a 133.5 in track and Iwas wondering what kind of gain to expect from this kit and if there is anyhitng I should change to go along with it
thanks

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
hi I am about to order a cluch kit from EPI for my 1994 Indy trail deluxe, it i a 488 f/c w. electric start , reverse, and a 133.5 in track and Iwas wondering what kind of gain to expect from this kit and if there is anyhitng I should change to go along with it
thanks[/b]

general rule is to expect a few sled lengths in a long drag and perhaps a little better mpgs however ... all tuners clutch kits arent the same . some tuners go for acceleration at the expense of backshifting quickly and vice versa .your best bet is to get on the phone and talk to them about your particular sled and what to expect . M

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
thanks[/b]
I would ask myself the question "what do i want to accomplish?" first. Is it better acceleration...better back shifting...or both?..
And like snofrog mentioned call the person that put the "kit" together and see what they say.
If you understand the principles of how the primary and secondary work with a little bit of testing you can find a set up that works great for you on you sled.
And lastly...most clutch "kits" are developed using the oem belt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would ask myself the question "what do i want to accomplish?" first. Is it better acceleration...better back shifting...or both?..
And like snofrog mentioned call the person that put the "kit" together and see what they say.
If you understand the principles of how the primary and secondary work with a little bit of testing you can find a set up that works great for you on you sled.
And lastly...most clutch "kits" are developed using the oem belt.[/b]

A kit is just what it imply's a kit so parts someone boxed together... all it really does is give you a "better than stock" setup.. A clutch kit really has no specialization... meaning its really is not a kit for lake racing or for hill climbing or for ditch banging.... Its just good for all around performance which is slightly better than your stock performance... For what its worth I like EPI's clutch kits if your going to go that rout... They seem to work well and give you some need mpg increases.. typically though i go to a more progressive helix... They will switch it out if you know what you want... just ask them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts