Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of transfer rods do you guys recommend I buy? I own a 99' srx 600, with a bender clutch kit and 192 studs? ???

·
Registered
496 Posts
There are alot to buy. Just get the ones that dont need a wrench and are not to expensive ,like hauck

·
Registered
287 Posts
I hate to ask this, but what is a transfer rod? I probably know, but call it something else.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The transfer rod is in the back of the rear suspension. It allows the weight to shift to the back so you get better traction. Yamaha's set-up sucks!!! So a few after market companies have designed better ones that actually allow the weight to transfer! :D

Does that make any sense? :withstupid: SWRules

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just make sure when you get them you get your adjustments right. If you don't you could end up cracking your W-Arm. The most important points are that you don't have your coupling too tight and that the upper gap is not too small. The adjustment of the rods may go beyond the limits of the skid so keep this in mind. I have Bender rods, I cracked the W-Arm and a friend of mine did damage to his track. This not because of the rods, its because of the way they were adjusted. When you get the measure them up to your old rods. Make sure the coupling is the same and that you only increase the upper gap from the stock measurements. Never decrease the upper gap from the stock measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts