Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of years I've put up with loading and unloading my sled from the back of my pick up, what a pain that can be at times. Well I broke down and bought a drop deck trailer with a plastic "Toy Carrier" enclosure for the upcoming season. The trailer is galvanized and the top being plastic should almost last forever. The bonus on this deal was its priced right and is very light. What do you use and does it do a good job?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Thanks to a great S-World member I'll be taking delivery of a 91/92 trton 96"x14ft aluminum trailer next week. Oh I foud a new axel for only $100, I may just replace both axels for the heck of it since the other could fqail and I'll be REALLY putting the miles on it. New springs also if they look bad.But can't beat the low price.Thanks rich.
Caleb

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well, I don't have a trailer, but the bed of my pickup truck works great!

·
Registered
384 Posts
1981 john deere special.....i have to load my new sleds opposite of each other or they wont fit..at least it is a tilt

·
Registered
959 Posts
the bed of my redneck truck works great althought it is a little hight up .. i just make a rather larger snow pile with the bobcat and drive up... i could always unload it like that guy in slednecks ...NOT

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I dunno what kind mine is. The VIN plate is completely worn shiny, and the stamped digits are gone. As with seemingly everything around my house, it's in need of a good bit of fix it work. It is easily as old as the snowmobile that holds it down.

Gonna put in a new deck, rewire it, and reverse engineer a set of LED lights throughout. I'm also going to sand and paint the metal. It's an open flatbed tilt deck trailer. Nice 'n light to keep my weights within the limits of the tow vehicle.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I bought an old trailer just a week ago for 250 $. Its damned ugly and only space enough for my ZL - but thats about all I need. A good thing is that I can tilt the plattform of the trailer wich make it more easy to get up the sled.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Karavan Ultra 2 place tilt. There was a 4 place enclosed in my sights,but now it is a house in the counrty that is in my sights. My brother-in-law has a open 4 place that I can use when he doesnt need it. :D

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
mine ride on a galvanized 8'6x12'6 drive on/off with treated plywood deck. Rear ramp stows under the back of the trailer, and front ramps are hinged and serve as salt guards. Excellent system. Don't even have to jacknife the truck to get my sleds off (long tongue). 15" wheels.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine rides in a 2001 Triton Elite 12' tilt with a Triton 2KF cover(smooth sides), added PowerMadd ski glides and traction mats, plus had to add Arctic Cat decals to the cover :thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine ride and spend the summer in a 94 Flow 102" X 10' enclosed. The trailer wiring and lights need some work but hope to fix that problem before snow flies.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Fortunatly, I keep them in the garage all season. If I do need to transort, the Trition open trailer works just fine :D

I do with I had a salt shield on that thing :(

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I just ride mine where ever i wanna go. But if that can't work out, like if it is broken, or just too far to ride, my neighbor has a trailer i can borrow, in the summer it stays in the garage. :hallo9:

·
Registered
166 Posts
We have been using a two place 10' X 101" Sled Bed, aluminum, tilt trailer with a plastic salt shield for the last couple of years. We don't trailer that much, but it is a pain with the covers and stuff. So this year we broke down and bought a Sno Pro Aluminum Cap for it. Should make trailering that much easier. Going to pick it up on Saturday when I get my F7. That way the F7 will be covered right from the start.

If anyone is interested in buying the salt shield let me know. $125.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mine rides in a fully enclosed, galvanized deck and frame, aluminum top the whole thing I built myself (except the axle), macali17 did you check and see if the F7 will fit the spec sheet says they are 118 inches long my trailer is 10 feet but the top has a one inch frame that cuts it down to 119 inches

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Team Renegade is in the market for a new trailer too. Not sure what kind yet but it MUST have larger diameter tires at least 14".

Wolfman what happened to the serial #'s . Where they filed off or naturally sandblasted :devil: ;) Don't tell me your towing with the VUE and not the mighty CTD. :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Originally posted by permafrost@Oct 14 2002, 04:01 PM
Team Renegade is in the market for a new trailer too.  Not sure what kind yet but it MUST have larger diameter tires at least 14".

Wolfman what happened to the serial #'s . Where they filed off or naturally sandblasted :devil:  ;)  Don't tell me your towing with the VUE and not the mighty  CTD. :)
The plate is just worn down from years of abuse. It was very old and beat up when I bought it.

Yes, I will be using the VUE once I get a hitch installed on it. The Dodge is only RWD and has an open axle at that. Great towing vehicle, TERRIFYING winter vehicle. I used to use the Suzuki Samurai to pull my sled - it was barely adequate, and that was just capacity wise. We won't even begin to discuss how slow it was. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts