Snowmobile World banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would win a 1/4 mile drag race (All stock)?
2004 Arctic cat F7 EFI Snow pro
2002 Arctic cat ZR 800
2002 Polaris XC 800
2002 Skidoo MXZX 800
2003 Yamaha Viper 700

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I can't believe that I am going to answer one of these questions, but it really depends on which one is set up the best. The little details can really make a difference, and those sleds are all relatively close to each other. If they are all running at optimal performance, then that F7 should be out in front. The ZR800 and MXZ800 should be fighting for second, and the XC800 and Viper should be duking it out for next-to-last place.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
this is an opinion so, well run them and let us know. sleds can vary. opinions are like buttholes everyone has one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My opinion is....ME...I would win the race with my 03 F-7 :lmao: ......but if that Fusion entered...I'd be done for. A buddy of mine took his fathers Fusion 900 out last year....WOW....thats one fast sled. It isn't even broken in, nor is the sled studded yet and he walked away from me on the ice like it was nothing...I was rather impressed. Once that track stretches and they stud that machine it will be a monster. I was able to take it out for a spin, it has plenty of power and handling....but going from a F-7 to that it felt quite heavy for me. My only complaint on the Fusion is that its one noisy running sled....EVERYTHING vibrates and rattles on that machine.

·
10,054 Posts
I would think that the viper would start charging near the end of the race as its a triple. probably would win, but dont think it would come in last place.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would think that the viper would start charging near the end of the race as its a triple. probably would win, but dont think it would come in last place.[/b]
Nahh, the viper doesnt have what it takes. :christmas:
My cousin had a Viper all done up, clutched, cool heads, piped..full race suspension setup, etc...pretty much every bolt on you can get for it without replacing the internals, the closest he has to internal mods would be the cool head...(that I knew of..he is a sneaky SOB). Anyways, he bought that sled after selling his F-7...thinking he would be faster than me with the viper. We raced a good 20 times and I got him on top end EVERY time. It all depended on who had the better whole-shot as to who lead the majority of the race, but in the end I was ahead every time. We had a 98 ZRT 800 running up there that weeekend with us..and he was pretty much the same story...I would get both of them on top end every time...but if doing like 1/4's or less it depended on who had the best take-off. Very close performance from all 3 sleds.
BUT my 03 F-7 is stock as is the ZRT 800.....that viper had alot of mods done...seemingly...just to keep up to us. :lol:

·
10,054 Posts
only viper I ever rode belonged to the owner of a local dealership down here,,, we had it down on Indian Lake when he first got it and I was quite impressed with how his was set up,,, his picked up legs on the top end.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My cousin let me take his Viper for a ride....the modded one talked about above...and it rode nice. It had good power, handling..again like I said in a diffrent thread, coming from a F-7 to the triple it felt a bit heavy to me but other than that I liked it. Actually I almost went flying off the back of it when the secondary shifted..... :undercover: He has a hydraulic secondary and man does it shift HARD. The hard shift really gives you the feeling like your taking off....but it doesnt pull any harder away from my sled during this time. I think my sled has a more gradual, smooth powerband, where as the Viper had a very aggresive shift point and doesn't make most of its power until after the shift....it scared me when I almost went off the back though, LOL... wasn't expecting it.

I've also riden a diffrent cousins stock Viper and its a very nice, smooth riding sled. Felt like I was on a cadillac going thru the trails. :christmas:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
My cousin let me take his Viper for a ride....the modded one talked about above...and it rode nice. It had good power, handling..again like I said in a diffrent thread, coming from a F-7 to the triple it felt a bit heavy to me but other than that I liked it. Actually I almost went flying off the back of it when the secondary shifted..... :undercover: He has a hydraulic secondary and man does it shift HARD. The hard shift really gives you the feeling like your taking off....but it doesnt pull any harder away from my sled during this time. I think my sled has a more gradual, smooth powerband, where as the Viper had a very aggresive shift point and doesn't make most of its power until after the shift....it scared me when I almost went off the back though, LOL... wasn't expecting it.

I've also riden a diffrent cousins stock Viper and its a very nice, smooth riding sled. Felt like I was on a cadillac going thru the trails. :christmas:[/b]
needs to call bender or hauck and I bet it would not be last or behind an f-7. :wink: they are very conservative from the factory.

·
Registered
185 Posts
your all wrong if ya wanna win borrow mine! .....LOL
[attachment=41021:picture_003.jpg]
I usually wont post on these threads but couldnt resist after this weekend, riding was epic

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
The fastest one!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts