Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would win a 1996 mxz 583 or a 1997 ZR 580?
I have the ZR and a kid i know has a MXZ and we didn't race yet so what do you think would win?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had a 96 mxz 583 it ran very strong and was bullet proof.  I know a guy with 97 zr 580, but I have never rode it or raced it.  I may be a little bias but I would put money on any rotary rotax against the same size cc sled of another manufacture.  I will say it would not waste you, but the mxz would win by a sled length or two.  Then again every machine is different.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
mxz is right from my experiance,my 98 500 mxz would whip my buddys 97 zr 580 everytime ,he never got me once.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The 97 Zr 580 did not turn out as hot a sled as predicted by Cat salesman. In fact I tried to get one thru Cat for drags, and am glad I did not! The Doo would still win.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no way it could win. our zr beet a 700 v-max in 1/4 mile stretch,(alfalfa field) and no way the mxz could win for one reason it had a green layer in it and they supposivly fixed that and it has a hole under the bottom below the engine.So when i race it i will tell you that i won because thats whats going to happen!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im sorry. My 500mxz is faster then a ZR580.  A 583 is just a little faster then my 500.  Its not a race.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sharkey @ July 22, 2002, 12:15am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not to mention a nightmare to own. I dragged the Zr with 1996 SLS 500 Ski-Doo and won.[/b][/quote]
That's exactly what I was going to say because I had
a 96 SLS also and a friend had a AC 580. I beat him
every time but my other buddy with a FZ 583 would beat
my 500! Hmmmmmmm  
Don't put money on it if both machines
are stock!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DanR @ July 22, 2002, 1:03pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">583 all the way baby ! we had i guy in the cat forum with the same question a long time ago and his cat got spanked.  
[/b][/quote]
Was that the thread that was like beating a dead horse and
come to find out he got spanked? Some people have to learn
the hard way sometimes. I know I doo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts