Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate wants a sled, but isn't looking for anything special (it would be his first sled). Well, at work we just got in a PERFECT 98 Polaris XC700 with 4200 miles on the ticker. I went over it with a fine tooth comb (checkin it all over before putting it out for sale) and it is in absolutly mint condition. The boss told me I could have it for $1800. I want it! My roommate doesn't want it cause it is too new and too big, plus his price is like $2500.

But before I could get it I'd have to ditch my sled. Here it is:

95 EXT 580
7000 miles, runs perfect, fresh clutches, not many miles on the chaincase.
All new Kimpex Gold shocks (the rear suspension is still in the basement)
new rear springs
new slides
new Artic Cat plastic skis with new carbides
Also just added a 2" bar riser
New carb boots are on their way, and I have a top end rebuild kit sitting here incase it puked this winter.

This sled is nearly perfect. It was my dad's till this summer, when I got it off him. We kinda shared it before that, but it was his. There is a small chunk of the green pinstripe from around the front bumpstrip missing when my dad crashed and broke his ankle a few seasons before. Also the bezel around the speedo and tach is all cracked, but you can't just get replacements withough getting new gauges, so that is how it is. This sled has been taken maticulas care of.

Blue book on it is $2305. You think askin $1700 is fair, and negotiate from there?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would say you are in the ballpark. note look for some to try to pay less based on miles.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would be leary of 7000 miles on a 580 motor. But if your including or going to put in new pistons and rings, than I would say your price is not that bad. I would definately work you down towards the $1500 mark. Bluebook doesn't consider miles. Some people will disagree but I think mileage should be considered in the price of a sled.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, he went home for the weekend, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it. I know he'll try to work me down, so that's why I started at $1700. I'll probably throw the rebuild for it on if he wants me to. I'm pissed now cause my carb boots and slides came in today, I paid for em and then left the stupid things sitting in back :doh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts