Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could purchase a leftover '01 ZRT or T-Cat, and the T-Cat was only $100 more, which would you buy?  Seems pretty simple, the T-Cat, right?  What do you think?

A

·
0 Posts
I am still debating between a 03 F5 and a 02 (new) ZL800 EFI.  I cannot make up my mind let alone help someone else. ha ha

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I think that I'd take the 800 if it's lighter as i think it is. I know The t-cat has more on top though. It's a real tuff choice though. What are they asking for them as I know some places dealing on o2 tcats  though they may be 01's and they are asking $5,999US plus MI tax, and frieght, & set up.

Rob,
  Are you looking at  ZL ss? The SS rocks. Cats are SOOOOOOOOO cheap all over the place as left overs.
caleb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This dealer is a little higher, $6800 for T-cat and $6700 for 800.  It's wierd, the '01 Cat brochure actually says the T-Cat is 1 (one) pound LIGHTER than the 800...how can that be?  If that's the case, the T-Cat would be the choice, unless it has drawbacks that the 800 doesn't.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Planet Power Sports in coldwater,MI has the tcat for 5999 and 02 Z800 CC carb for like 6700 though Nelsons Speed Shop sold them for that new last year. 6700 is to much.
Caleb

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sled Dogg the "Auto & RV finder that comes out on fridays has a Planet Power Sports snowmobile full page ad in and shows the 01 thundercat @ $6990, is there some insider deal?
this is in the one that came out this week?

Their website site says they're having a "Sledfest" Sept 14,15 with all four mfg present plus grass drags...might have to check that out.  The website has the flyer in Adobe Reader format.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well it really depends what kinda riding.. if you want to get out on the lake and show every one up then get the t-cat the zrt800 is a great sled but i believe the t-cat have a few more ponies

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The prices are what they told me about a month ago. They are high sometimes but if you whip out the green backs they will deal . But my #1 choice is Nelson's I was looking at a cc cat last year and no one could come within 1,000 of there price it was so low on a zr500cc and zr800cc. And they were only giving 10 or 15% dicount on clothing but that was do to the fact they lost semi loads worth in the fire. Normally they will give you 20 to 25% off extras which can really add up nowadays.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you guys list those websites please?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would take the T-cat hands down.  What advantage would the ZRT have?
 In 01, the Tcat was the same weight as the ZRT, and had about another 25 ponies.  My dealer said that the 01 Tcat was the best stock out of the box Tcat yet.  I wanted one this year, but couldn't find one locally.  Go for it!  Go Big!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
There are tons of tcats in MI wiating for a new home. It'll be worth your drive to come and get one with the deals that they have now.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Caleb, how far are you from Troy, MI?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm ten minutes away or less at night as my g-friend owns a housse in Royal Oak.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Caleb, Lebarron Sales has some T-Cats.  Have you ever been to their store?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I've never been there but I've heard the name. Seems like they do major advertising if I recall. I can go check them out sometime if you'd like. Find out how late that they are open.
Caleb

A

·
0 Posts
All kidding aside, if it were me I would go for the TCat.  I almost picked one up last year.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Caleb, Labaron's is open 'til 8pm Mon, Thurs, Fri, and 6pm on Tues, Wed, and Sat.  If you happen to go by, stop and check it out...does it look like a place you would do business.  But don't go out of your way.  They told me they have a couple '02 T-Cats.  
Thanks, Jim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts