Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out the other day that 2001 and ealier Yamaha Mountain Max tracks have a 80% fail rate !!!
I have 64 miles on this sled and the track is coming apart on the inside of the track, and a broken paddle on the center of the track, a question Yamaha had to know of the problems with the track (thats why they changed them in 2002) why did'nt they change the ones from ealier years

Its a joke on the price of there tracks $995.00 retail, I bought a Yamaha to get away from that kind of stuff, I hope they warranty it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
heres a good one my ring gear bolts broke off , and busted my motor base , now they wont cover it , plus theres a recall on it , but yamaha says its my fault

·
Registered
72 Posts
finnbear
I had a "99" mm7 & the track came apart in the first saeson, at the same time as my buddy's srxm's track failed. YAMAHA agreed to fix mine but would not fix his untill he sat on the phone time after time with customer sevice(714-761-7439) & asked how come one machine is getting coverred & one not? they didn't have an answer but eventualy coverd his also.

normand
If you want a copy of the yamaha bulletin on those bolts I'm sure I've still got it, drop me a message if you want it & I'll dig it out. (the whole ring gear got replaced on those)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts