Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good wax for my sled that wont scratch the hood. What do you guys use.
Thanks in advance  

·
Registered
268 Posts
I use Meguires best wax which comes in a black box.
Then I touch up occasionally with there spray wax detailer. I hit the whole machine except seat and handlebars with detailer.
Don't do it below 10 degrees celsius or it will cake and take a long time to dry.

Z

·
0 Posts
ZYMOL WAX!   It's one of the best!  Then I use Honda Pro Polish in between Waxings!   I think Kid Rocker and I both use this process!     Below is a picture of the results.

ZMachman

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
"Super Glaze" by the wax shop or TR3 (blue bottle). Super Glaze goes on and off easier than any wax I have used and provideds a finish that is awesome. TR3 is great, harder to apply but only need to apply it once a year or so. It lasts forever.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Every time I see that picture, I start to drool.............

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
ZMach, are you working on having a sled for every day of the week or what?
 Nice collection.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ZYMOL......mmmmmmmmmm.....that stuff smells good. Makes me
think of beach bunnies. Works pretty good too.

MO-FO - It can easily be found at any autoparts store around
here. It's blue in color.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use Meguiar's products or Mother's California Gold liquid wax.  Use something that dries clear so you don't have lots of cleanup with the edges of the decals, etc.

I just did the Vmax last weekend  

BTW - wax won't scratch, compunds and heavy cut cleaners do that  

Z

·
0 Posts
In Michigan,  you can purchase Zymol at Meijer's or Wal-mart.   I have even seen it at some K-Marts.   Zymol has all natural ingredients.  No harsh chemicals to "yellow" your plastics or nor does it build up on your paint surface like wax's do.    It smells like Sun-Tan Lotion!  Like Coconut Oil!   Excellent stuff!    It is in Liquid form and a light blue in color.   Simple to apply and Very Easy to come off!

I use Zymol on Everything,  Cars,  SUV, Motorcycle's, Snowmobiles, Tractor, ATV and Even on my Paintball Guns!  (My Bob Long Intimidator Really shines with Zymol) I even waxed my Snowmobile Trailer with it!  

In between Waxing,  I use the Honda Pro Polish.   It comes in a spray can.   In the winter,  this is all you need to keep them looking like new!   No need to get the water hose out!

ZMachManRidesAgain!

Z

·
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JIM FRITCH @ Sep. 06, 2002, 3:19pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ZMach, are you working on having a sled for every day of the week or what?
 Nice collection.[/b][/quote]
JIM FRITCH,

Actually,  I have 9 Ski-Doo's!!!
   So, I have one for every day of the week, and two extra!   The great part is,  I got the wife to understand the need for all of these!  

Now the secret of getting my wife to understand is,  if you look at the second Mach Z in the picture,  the 98,  that is the wifes sled!  Yep,  put you wife on a Mach Z!   Piped and Clutched and let her have fun!   That's my secret.   You see,  I have found,  wives do not have as much fun when they see their husbands on a new 6,7 or 800 having a great time and they are stuck on a 1980Something Bomber!  No-way.  Those ladies don't want you on something better!  Remember the Ladies are equal!   Plus it makes it easier when you need new pipes, V-Force or something else high performance in nature.  Because then all you have to say is:  Well Honey,  Your Sleds Has it,  why can't  mine!  

Here is a Picture of the wife's Sled.

ZMachMan

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think the real question is, how the #### can you afford it

Tell me your secret, I have plenty of room for some more skidoos here

·
Registered
0 Posts
ZMachMan - I thought the secret was jewelry, precious gems
or diamonds. I remember a long post that you did last year
that summed this up. Wish I could dig that up. It was very
interesting.
As you know, I'll be getting married here
in a couple weeks so I need to learn these tips and tricks.

My fiance loves to ride and is a little on the crazy end of
the spectrum so now the only hard part is trying to talk her
into getting her own sled again since I sold her old one to
you.  

·
Registered
530 Posts
I use Zaino on my sled, and I use it on my car too.  Its the only stuff I use.  I dont have any pics of it on my sled, but I do have many of it in action on my car.  So here are a couple.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts