Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase a 141 inch track to install on my already stetched 97 MXZ but the 2inch lugs won't fit. My dealer has some secret, special tool for cutting them but I think I can do it myself. What do you use?
I also thought about just changing the drivers but am worried about the adverse affect this would have because of the aproche angle. Has anyone tried this? Did you notice a differece because of the drivers?

·
Registered
361 Posts
regor, I would just use two pieces of 1" flat bar steel, use vise grips at each end to squeeze the flat bar (pinching the rubber lug) to whatever height you set it at, then use a utility knife to cut.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not the best way, but you could lift the back end off the ground ever so slightly probably on a concrete surface and spin the track until desired lug height is achieved. :D Anyway good luck.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
When I long tracked my sled the 1.5" lugs were going to rub on the heat exchanges right at the driver so I figured out how much and I took a utility knife and cut the little fingers off the two rows of lugs......that simple ;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
regor if you chose the option of spinning it on the garage floor let me know,i dont want to miss that :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info folks. I think I'll spin it on the concrete floor!!! :nervous:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts