Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of Bottom Line Traction 6" 60° Dominator carbides from the Milwaukee Show for $28....that's a good price isn't it?

Is Bottom Line Tractions a pretty good name ???

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think they're OK. Has anyone seen the new ones from Woodys...they offer a dual carbide to try to compete w/the new dual runner skis out there.
They are 'bridged' together so they supposedly bolt to OEM skis just like normal carbides.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I thought I read in SnoTech that they found Bottom Line to be the best quality wearbars out there....lent my mag to a friend though, so I can't look it up for sure. :(

A

·
0 Posts
I use Woody's 6". They go cheap on ebay alot. I got 4 pair last season for $9 us each pair.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Originally posted by Rocketman@Oct 23 2002, 11:45 AM
I thought I read in SnoTech that they found Bottom Line to be the best quality wearbars out there....lent my mag to a friend though, so I can't look it up for sure. :(
Yeah whatever.

Like any of us believe you have friends. ;)

Woodies in my opinion. But I never thought of ebay. I might have to check that out.

FishHog

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by FishHog@Oct 23 2002, 04:09 PM
But I never thought of ebay. I might have to check that out.

FishHog
Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
bergstrum skegs I feel are the best dollar for dollar.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a set of Bottom Lines that have over 2000 miles on them and they are still good. And at that price, like these guys said, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Roetin or woody's seem to be the best. Tried sabres once. The carbide fell out of the bar. You get what you pay for. :thumbsup:

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mighty RX-1@Oct 23 2002, 10:42 PM
EBAY, Great Idea :hallo3:
There is a place out of Washington state that is always on there in the winter selling wearbars, atleast the last two seasons.

·
Registered
355 Posts
ive had the same luck as xc700 i bought a set of saber last yr at the big east show, within a few hundred miles i went from 6" to 4" after the last 2 inches simply seemed to just wear off....ive had the best luck with roetin xpr-1 (6in 60 degeree) always done me well.....-INDY :thumbsup: :doh:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My moneys on Woodys as well, the carbide stays put and doesn't bust up into little chunks the first trip over a rock. Ya get what ya pay for (well at least most times)
:hallo2:
Rick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Doesn't Studboy make carbides too. If so I think these are what I was using last yr. I can't remember because I have another set but there not in the package. To tell you the truth I started out with a set of Woodys and my friend with the other. We put the same number of miles on. My woodys were paper thin, carbide gone, after about 700 miles. He still has his (Studboy or whatever they are) on and are in good shape after 1500. So that's my 2 cents.

Maybe they were Sabers.... Anyway, if they are we're all still having pretty good luck with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i've had great results with bottom line traction, but this year i'm going to try the new Shaper Bar by studboy. its suppose to decrease turn radius. i guess i'll find out, soon i hope. :hallo2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts