Saw this on the Amsnow site:

four f7s ran against each other in a demonstration run at haydays on
saturday. in 500 feet the f7 did 87 mph with a time of 5.57. in comparison
rev 800 5.57 at 84mph ,rx1 5.77 at79 mph,xc 700 5.72 at 84 mph thought
everyone would like to know the results

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looking like the REV is the sled to beat this year! Both the 600 and the 800.

It is kicking ### at haydays at least on Saturday.

Fx's are looking good too but I understand the sleds that are there are not production sleds so I would discount any results.

I also understand the RX-1 is very disappointing, not surprised though... it is a dog in the first 100-200 feet. If your an aggressive trail rider the first 200' are all that counts!

I am sure the RX-1 will be a great cruiser though...

Hopefully they will post complete results soon-

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The F-7's are prototype hand massaged units which had less weight than consumer sled would and did have a lighter weight combo from stock rules, as they were only for show. In fact the final a guy Named Glenn Hall did a rolling start to pad the times and speed and get $1000.00 from Cat. He got lucky and did not red light as he deep staged and rolled thru the lights just right. They also gave him the better lane to get a more impressive time. He still only got 87 mph(NOT BAD)though.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I heard the RX-1 won the stock 800 twin class, did I hear wrong?  They also said it throws one #### of a rooster tail, sounds like she isn't hooking up too well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
you heard wrong mighty!  the rx-1 got beat!!! skidoo dominated!! period, end of story! have a nice day!

Last edited by Rocketman at Sep. 09, 2002, 9:45pm

·
Registered
0 Posts
At the MSDRA race that I went to over the weekend here,
the RX-1 was running in stock 700 class and still didn't
fare well.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
With the Ets. of the Rx-1 it would not have won the 600 stock class. it was also 1 mph slower. A quarter mile would have been a better race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts