·
Registered
4,316 Posts
freedom

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
its all good even when you catch big air and beat your knee up
, Also the sound of open pipes and the smell of race fuel at the track cant be beat.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The best part of snowmobiling......

To me, being out in the cold open air, and fully enjoying the scenery one on one, and at my own pace.

Of course, it's quite the rush to open it up and feel the thing try to come out from under you.  

I learned very quickly last winter why people like the triples so much.  

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I like the Freedom of riding a snowmobile in a wide open field, and when that gets boring; I race my friends, I never get tired of beating them  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
FREEDOM, is right rocketman.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I would second tearing up the twisties! After that, and the chance for some prime time with some close friends and relatives, I enjoy BS'ing with the guys I meet at stops (gas stations, restaurants, whatever) that have come from the direction I plan on traveling. Yup, over the years I've run into a jerk or 2, but I've more than made up for that with some awesome conversations with complete strangers. How 'bout the hand signals most people share going in opposite directions? That's pretty neat too. A sled that will rip your arms from their sockets and suck up huge nasties is also a big grin.

Still, my vote for the most fun would have to be.....
The People!

AL

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
just the rush of it, even while trailering somewhere and talking to others trailering at a gas station. sledding has the rush. my uncle had a honda & kawasaki dealership and i had all the two, three and four wheeled fun that could be had but nothing like sled brings out.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Oh what a good idea for a thread mxz7! I personally like how all of lifes stresses just melt away, seeing Deer, Moose, and Fox, riding half the day to a spot for lunch as a destination, conversing with friends etc, and heading back out toward home base on the trail. Speed, acceleration, the people and machines, and so on....talking about the days ride over a few beers (or cokes) and dinner....there is NOTHING better that I have found.....oh how I miss the snow!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I remember my first season.  I would drive an hour up to the Echo Lake area in Colorado when I lived up there.  The JD ran (more or less) then.  I'd pull the sled off of the trailer and go as far as I could - untill *something* broke on it (typically some brittle plastic bit from old age).  I would then limp it down, load it back up and go home.  I'd fix it, good weather or bad, so that I could do it again the next weekend.  That season, the snow sucked down in town.  The following fall, I had to move south.  Then the big snowstorm that I had been drooling about playing in, in town, finally hit.  
As I sat at my new job, watching the Weather Channel broadcasting the storm, I just wanted to die.

I had almost forgotten what snowmobiling was when I finally got the opportunity to go to Yellowstone last winter.  The addiction is BACK in FULL force!!!  

I've been mountain biking, hiking, camping, boating, tried riding ATV's, and fishing.  I enjoy all of those activities.  Going fast, or going slow.  There is nothing that I've enjoyed like snowmobiles.  

·
Registered
66 Posts
The best thing I like about snowmobiling is:
1. Getting ready to trailer to my destination and the 750 mile trip.
2. Meeting up with friends I haven't seen in some time.
3. Meeting new people.
4. Being out in nature.
5. Going to new areas to ride and seeing new scenery.
6. The thrill of punching the throttle and getting the rush of the power under your butt.
7. Going in to the Motel/Cabin or whereever you are staying and having a few brews and taking about your day.
Ain't nothing better than sledding and sledders. Sure there are some jerks, but as a whole, I think sledders are the best people in the world. If you are in trouble on the trail or just want to ask a question about directions, if you motion for a approching sled to stop, they will. Forget it in a car, they just buzz by you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think you guys have covered everything...for me it's being outside on cold and snowy days. Feeling the rush when powder comes over the cowl onto my shield and down my neck. Chasing my friends down the trail, then stopping to BS at lunch about who is faster, or busting chops about the ride.I think the comradarie that goes with sledding is unmatched. There are so many best parts it's hard to describe..it's just the overall experience of being out there and having a good time, forgetting the days troubles. I wish that people who have never ridden sleds would give it a try before they act negatively towards us...the only way to understand it, is to try it.....and the worst part...the snow melts.  

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
The best part about riding is the sanity maintainance performed while you are out away from the everyday...The interaction with friends and the adrenalin are right up there too. The opportunity to meet new friends is always a bonus. What we doo here isn't bad either.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I gotta agree with idooski.  I feel some much better after a weekend of sledding.  Helps clear your head and relieve the stress.  Also the people are one of a kind.  Also you can never leave out the acceleration and the air.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It would be tough to pick just one thing that would be your favorite thing.Everything about snowmobiling is fun.
Club meetings,planning/organizing trips,visits to the dealer,just being around fellows sledders gives me a good feeling.Making new friends is what it is all about.And I have made many here at SW,and on the trails.One thing I did miss about last season was not being able to ride with my wife.She is pregnant(due very soon)We ride together most of the time.I doo get out with da boys once in a while.

·
Registered
308 Posts
 with riding  I do not know what else to add you guys have it all covered

The only thing not covered is the excitment and joy my children had when I got the family its 1st snowmoble for a christmas present.  Those vidios are priceless.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think you guys hit just about everything.
I guess what I like best though, is the bumps and the twisties, punching the throttle and pulling the skis up coming out of the corner, hitting the bumps and jumps, then leaning into the next one.
Man, I can't wait till I get to go again!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts