Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thats kinda hard to be spacific!!!!

I would say "fastest where??" :sly:
I have a 400ex with some goodies like RPM axle,, laegur +2 a-arms,,Ohlins off of a c-dale ,, R4 slipon,, jets,, filters,, and I can out run or hold my own in the woods or a track with just about anything,,,,,With that said,,,
I dont have the fastest quad out there but It will be faster than a quad that is not in their elament ,,,,a grizzly will be faster in the mud than a 400ex or the same type of quad...

What ya mean Fastest? In a top end run? From point A to point B in the twistys? I have buddys with 4wheel drives that can go faster than me when they are wound out but I get wound out first!!! Who is the faster quad I ask you?

I ride with a guy that has 3 Cannondles and he can smoke me on any of them just about any time he wants,,,,On top end there is no comparison , 397 vs 450 but in the tight slow sections were you dont need the motor screaming but you need lugging the most I will have the advantage,, When Im taped out in 5th ,the dale isnt even beathing hard yet,,,and most of the time my bud shifts on his way by me!! :cussing:

I go to Little Sahara dunes and St Anthonys and see some fast quads going up sand Mnt and Chokecherry, But they cant go anywhere there are jumps or anything,,They are faster up the Mnt than me but they cant even follow me to a big dune because im faster to get their!!!!! I watched a DS 650 get spanked by a Z400 up chokecherry,, Why? could be alot of things,, I bet you the DS would spank the Z on flat ground though!!!!!

I rode the 450r out at St Anthonys and it didnt come out and say it was fast or anything, it just handled better than most quads,,, it does have the long legs like a banshee,,or a C-dale ,or a DS 650,,

When It come down to who has the fastest quad ,I turn away in disbelief of the people that say a Yami 450 will beat a Honda 450 , :lmao: ECT , because if you took them out to a place where you could compare on a even feild you would see that each one will do better than the other at different things ,,,If you took them out to top end race there only can be one winner,,,see my point!!!!!

I know two brothers that own a Yami 450 with goodies and a C-dale with goodies race up Sand Mnt a hole bunch of times and the Yami would win most of the time,,and win with most quads,but he did get beat sometimes,,,the last race the one brother with the C-dale took on his brother with the Yami again knowing that he would probly get beat again but this time the dale won.. Now what is the faster quad????

This is not ment to rant and rave but it how I feel on the subject
Every quad is only as fast as the driver ,, no faster!!!

MY 2CNTS

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Stock vs Stock it is up between the new 450 MX'ers. But if you start to talk about modded quads then that changes alot. You can get alot of power out of the 2-stroke Banshee and dont forget about the old Quadzilla 500.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ya when you get into mods the shee and 500r and untouchable not the most reliable for shur but fast.....unless you got a raptor with a jet engine in it!! !!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
preditor is decint but the 450's would take it anyday. Along with a banshee

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will agree on the banshee. If it stays together long enough. I have yet to see the 450 beat mine. I ride alot in the dune in Mi.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I used to race Quads Honda 250 R and you get one done up right it will take anything out there. Banshees, 450's what ever. I have to give the honda 450 alot of credit. Motor wise, My friend bought a 450 dirt bike about 2 yrs ago and tore it apart to make a 450 quad. Cuz the 450 wern't out yet. Talk about a wicked fast quad head is flowed and piped thats it. Nothing can tough it on the track. But there is also about $15,000 into it. total on the whole bike. custom frame you name it.
So it is hard to say what the fastest is.
Just my 2 cents to.

By the way My 86 250 R is for sale if anyone interested. lets say only thing stock is frame and wiring.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Im not shur about the ktm. iv heard bout' them a while ago in dirt wheels? ithink but i havent heard since. From what i understand they use a d/b motor so i think that theyd go but i never seen one operate not even to tv so...... :confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
iam gonna say a quadzilla, DS650, raptor, predator. quadzilla may be old but will smoke alot of quads out there. my friends all own these quads and the DS650 baja wins then the quadzilla then predator then raptor. PS ALL stock when they raced them

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
DS 650 :hallo1:

we are talking top end

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not sure about stock but I saw a Banshee Last winter that was doing 117 mph in 1000 ft. on ice. That thing sounded bad a$$ I couldn't believe how fast it was.
Riley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stock for stock in 300 ft grass drags the new Thundercat wins,Can AM renegade 2nd, 750 Brute force 3rd,outlander 800 4rd the 4x4 class. If your talking 09's. These machines change so much from yr to yr there really is no way to compare.

My 05 Raptor has been clocked at 83mph on pavment.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts