Snowmobile World banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We need to talk Stock vs stock cause the more money you can sink into some make it unfair. For the track i would probly say the preditor in 04 but Now i would go with the KTM 450. For straight out drag mx quads not 4x4 i would say probly the KTM 525

·
Registered
167 Posts
Why is there no mention of the Raptor 700R EFI in this thread? I don't know the top speed of the machine but a buddy of mine got one last week and I was very impressed with it. At low end that thing is a torque monster. With the low end grunt that thing has I can only imagine the top end must be pretty nice as well.
Before I actually rode it I wondered if it felt real long like the Banshees did. I loved Banshee's to death for there power but they were almost useless when the riding gets rough and in the wash board. The wheel base of the Banshee was too long to handle the rough.
Much to my surprise the Raptor did not feel like this at all. It has that same feeling of a Blaster (handling wise)..like your sitting on top of the front wheels, very rider Forward. It has IMO the perfect wheel base, not too long so that it can't handle the rough and not too short to where the front end wont stay on the ground. Because of the shorter wheel base it also turns on a dime like Blasters.....just from turning the bars all the way in a slow turn (not on the gas) the Raptors back tires want to break loose because it turns so tight.
If I was to ever get another quad I would have to say hands down it would be the Raptor 700R EFI.

Ohh yeah .....lets not forget the electronic reverse! That makes things even nicer. :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would have to say the fastest bike would probably be a souped up banshee, with all kinds of goodies, at least that is what they race at the glamies and they have to be powerfull to race there.

·
Registered
595 Posts
:bored:what about the polaris outlaw with the 525 ktm motor not shure what top speed is but my freind has one and seems pretty fast at least till the trail turns muddy then my scrambler 4x4 catches back up

·
Registered
353 Posts
You all are forgetting the Honda TRX70xx, stock over 80mph, fast through the rough stuff and in the woods. Just had a "Kiwi" place 7th at dakar this year. not bad for a machine only made in 08-09
www.club700xx.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
You all are forgetting the Honda TRX70xx, stock over 80mph, fast through the rough stuff and in the woods. Just had a "Kiwi" place 7th at dakar this year. not bad for a machine only made in 08-09
www.club700xx.com
Reminds me of buddy's 2008 TRX 700XX project. It was beaten but the engine was good. We put new atv shocks, a-arms, two brothers exhaust and a new set of tires, and viola, we got a great weekend toy!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts