Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the story with Reeds, and Rad valves, whats the difference between the two? Do u need the whole cages, or can u buy the peddles and puut them on the stock cage? Whats the best brand? Could i buy any brands peddles and put them on mystock cage? Does reeds/rad valves make a dramatic change? How much more horespower is added? What range do they effect(top end,acc.,powerband)?THANX

·
Registered
354 Posts
Reeds as a mod are better suited for larger cc engines or one that have been modified(heads, pipes, porting, etc.) I have added the boyesen reeds, not the rad valve, to my 01 mxzx 800 stock cages. I am pretty certain they do not add hosepower but the throttle response has cleaned up quite a bit off idle. Nothing "dramatic" though. If you are thinking of going with reed for your six hundred, go with either the boyesen or the vII or III. For your ride I think a clutch kit will give you better gains. IMO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Speedwerx clutch kit is better for the money, both cost about the same but better gains from the clutch. If you are to go with reeds go with V-Force 3's. I have them, have always ran them, And will always run them, and love them. I have ran them since the originals. Much better throttle response, Couple horsepower gains(nothing extreme) and better fuel economy.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The RAD vavle is a very good product. Not only did they make 2hp over V force on our ZRT800, they also net allot better throttle response.

Reed maintenance is critical though, worn reeds to new ones will make ya feel like ya picked up 5 hp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts