Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least on the Arctic Cat site, it lists "last post by ...", but the info's not correct.  What's happening?  For example, ZR 900 topic says last post by sled-head, but the last one is by someone else.  The 2001 ZR800 topic is wrong too.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I noticed that too. If you look at the time that they "supposedly" posted it, it is in the future.  We had this problem before, and what they need to do is fix their internal clock on their setting/control panel.  It will stay that way until that time that they posted(the future time) comes and goes....

·
1,327 Posts
It's probably just a small glitch with the message board software.

This site gets hit pretty hard, I'm amazed that it runs as well as it does, especially since it's a not for profit site.

I have seen many e-commerce sites that don't handle traffic as well.

It's not easy to keep these thing running perfectly.

Corey should get a round of applause!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll buy him a beer at the next stop!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
My server can not find the website. I found another listing in my fav's and clicked and it brings up a polaris recaall forum. I then click on the forums icon and get the forums. Any ideas? Kevin

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I bet your bookmark/favorite is wrong for the message forums. Make sure it leads to the address:
http://www.snowmobileworld-s2.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi

notice the "-s2" after snowmobileworld

Also make sure you delete the [/b] and if you use the above link...

Last edited by Rocketman at Mar. 21, 2002, 09:11am

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rocketman,
 i noticed the -s2 the other day when you were loading my avatar is that something new ?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
yeah...best is to bookmark the actual forums home page...that way you can bypass the front page

·
1,327 Posts
There is probably an incorrect DNS entry at the snowmobileworld.com internet service provider.

At the risk of being overly technical, the new board at www.snowmobileworld-2.com. probably runs on a different server or at least on a different IP address than the old site without the -2, the ISP probably removed the DNS Record for the old site and it usually takes some time for the new one to be distributed around to other DNS Servers.

I know, this is probably over most people's heads but it's not a big problem, most likely a simple oversite.

It could be something else entirely though, I have seen this happen in the past.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dpaige @ Mar. 20, 2002, 11:43pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is probably an incorrect DNS entry at the snowmobileworld.com internet service provider.

At the risk of being overly technical, the new board at www.snowmobileworld-2.com. probably runs on a different server or at least on a different IP address than the old site without the -2, the ISP probably removed the DNS Record for the old site and it usually takes some time for the new one to be distributed around to other DNS Servers.

I know, this is probably over most people's heads but it's not a big problem, most likely a simple oversite.

It could be something else entirely though, I have seen this happen in the past.[/b][/quote]
Actually, this is pretty close to what has happened. It's a bit deeper than this; an accidental stroke of the key by our old server host, and the DNS entries for the OLD server now point nowhere.

It has been updated and corrected, but as you were saying, it can take between 24-72 hours to populate name servers globally.

As far as the forum LAST POST info goes, this was our fault. We recently installed some new software on the NEW server, rebooted, and the date and time reset back to the default settings. This has been corrected also, and should be updating the forums correctly by now.

Once again, sorry everyone.

A side note: Eventually (soon) we will be transferring the DNS settings from the old server to the NEW server. When this takes place, www.snowmobileworld.com will then point to the the -s2 server. The entire site has not been completely built on the new server, so some things will be missing at first.

We will have it back to normal soon.

It is also a good time to point out that sometime in the future, the -s2 domain will no longer be used. This is something we setup temporarily to transfer from the old server to the new server.

Hopefully, this will be seamless... We have learned a lot from our past mistakes.  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Corey, I'll buy ya two beers at the next stop and take ya to
Weasels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts