Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you feel is[was] the best motor Skidoo has ever used or is currently using, and why? RB ???

·
Registered
664 Posts
The 583, for it's longevity and power. I like my 700 motor alot also, Impressive power, reliability.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Mine :D

:hallo1: :hallo1:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Without a dought the 583 for durability and reliabity. Ive seen these engine put on miles like you wouldnt belive.

For power and performance The 809 still has the competition shaking.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I give the nod to the 670ho. Tons of power and good fuel mileage. From my experience the are just as tough/reliable as the 583.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The 380 fanner,almost unlimited mileage. Gas and oil only.

The 583 is good also.

The 700 needs to prove itself,need more time to make a determination on series 3 engines.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Last year on my 380 I put about 4000kms in about 2-3months, and I drove the p!ss out of it, jumped, pinned to try and keep up with other people for miles, through deep snow swaps, on lakes, poker runs, through that I had trouble on the rewind(to much arm muscle I guess, lol) and I blew the right side piston, I don't know why the right side, that is the side closer to the fan. But I figure if a sled can last me that long, it is tough and reliable.

Joshua

·
Registered
858 Posts
503 fan and 583. I'm betting they are as reliable or better than any 4 stroke. I have a 503 with 20 000 km and never touched the motor, It's my work sled and you wouldn't believe what punishement it goes thru. The 583, tons of power, incredible millage and will easily last 15 000 +km before anything is looked at.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I once had a skidoo safari 377 fan. That thing was a blast 10500rpm on the tach this is not a lie needle was always pinned. Beat that motor and sled to sh!t and she still ran excellent. Never had a problem with the engine. Two words bullet prove and I am a Polaris man so this is very hard to say. I still miss that old girl she was a blast to ride. ???

·
Registered
120 Posts
My Doo 600 twin has almost 9000 km's on it and still runs flawless. Never ever fouled a plug. Used regular oil for break-in and after that nothing but amsoil ever since. Always ran premium gas and always ran it hard. So far indestructable!

Knock on wood! :thumbsup:

I hope the 600 HO is just as good!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The 670 and 380(377) also get my votes.The wifes 380 has over 10 000 trouble free km on it. :) I still don't have alot of confidence in my series 3 800 ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts