Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like everyone else, am really getting the itch. When does Northern Michigan or the UP usually begin to get enough snow to make a trip up there? When do the trails officially open?? I am thinking if I plan a trip now and put in for the vacation it will atleast give me something to look forward to and maybe make the time fly by a little faster. I usually go to Munising area but I am reall open to anywhere. I know I have to stay at Diggers place some time this year for sure. I can't walk away from those cherry bombs!!

THINK SNOW!!!

Shane

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I, like everyone else, am really getting the itch. When does Northern Michigan or the UP usually begin to get enough snow to make a trip up there? When do the trails officially open?? I am thinking if I plan a trip now and put in for the vacation it will atleast give me something to look forward to and maybe make the time fly by a little faster. I usually go to Munising area but I am reall open to anywhere. I know I have to stay at Diggers place some time this year for sure. I can't walk away from those cherry bombs!!

THINK SNOW!!!

Shane[/b]
Hi Shane,

Michigan's trails officially open on Dec 1st. If you ride the Munising area you may want to check out the SW events forum where we are in the process of getting the 4th annual SW stateside charity ride together. It's a lot of fun and happens to be in Munising this year. This year that will take place at the end of Jan.
SW Charity Ride <<<< click
Last year was the first year I can remember not being able to ride the trails in michigan between Christmas and New Year. We just didn't have the snow yet, Jan, Feb are the best months for snow conditions usually.

Snow4

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Its really impossible to make any long range reservations for northern Michigan in Dec. I have had good luck just keeping an eye on sites like JohnDee.com and then making last minute reservations in the spot lucky enough to get early snow. Availablility has never been an issue either as for some reason most people don't consider riding until after Christmas (amateurs :tongue: ).

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I agree with JasonF. If you want to ride early, you need to be ready to leave on a moments notice. Even with a good snowfall, the ground isn't frozen yet, and the snow melts pretty quickly. Very difficult to plan for snow early in the season. As a side note though, I've ridden locally and on state land the last 2 Thanksgiving weekends.

·
Registered
120 Posts
In hopes of snow.... Already have the Dec 4th thru the 6th off........ Leaving Dec 3 right after work.... 10 pm to be precise..... and staying at Alger Falls........

Rob

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts