Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night a storm came thru and gave us enough too ride in some parts but due to the DNR extending hunting season are trails dont open till I think the 15th here in southeast wisconsin.

But... when I was coming home I saw a two guys full gear gasing up their rides at the station still on the trailer ready to ride and I was wondering if anybody knows how much the fine is from the DNR/ police if you get caught on the trails early ?

Note... Im not going to ride the trails till they are open so no need to lecture.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The worst fine possible.... a hunters stray bullet in you somewhere...hopefully not a fatal shot....
I too know a few that have gone into state trails during hunting season and I just shake my head at them.....We all have our own seasons...gotta respect the hunters out there too.
You get a hunter mad enough...he might take a shot at you intentionally.... then just say he thought it was a deer.... No thanks.. I'd rather not p!$$ off guys w/ guns in the woods....Screw the monitary fines. :christmas:
LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
We all have our own seasons...gotta respect the hunters out there too.[/b]
As a hunter and a snowmobiler, that's gotta be one of the most respectful statements I've heard in a while. As a snowmobiler, we wouldn't like some guy walking the snowmobile trails with a loaded shotgun rabbit hunting, and the favor should be returned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I definitely agree with the above statements. And to add to those, looking at the big picture there is the very real penalty that they may shut down use of the trail and land permanently for both hunters and snowmobilers use, citing "safety and environmental impact" issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts