Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has to be something wrong with me...... I've been riding sleds for **counts on fingers, and toes** 12 years now, and whenever summertime comes around, I usually welcome it, and the golf and boating and camping, etc. that goes with it, but for some reason this summer, all I can think about is that first ride on my new F5 Firecat when I get it in October.... Maybe there should be a new self help group,

Snowmobiler's Anonymous.... I can see it now:

"Hello, my name is Steve, and I've been a snowmobiler for 12 years now"......

·
Registered
625 Posts
No new sled for me and I still cant wait. I am not a summer type person.....fall winter and early spring is for me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess its a combination of the fact that I did VERY LITTLE riding this winter, and that I am just itchin to yank the loud handle on that new 500 CC rocket ship....

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
What really sucks is when it's cold like this (39 deg today) but there's no snow!  It feels like winter, but looks like spring.  Horrible!

·
Registered
483 Posts
You're not alone ....not enough snow this winter. My wife complains to me.."Why don't you enjoy the nice weather"...because I don't like it , that's why, other than to get some fishing in.If I wanted heat/humidity/bugs I would move South. Just finished summerizing the sled but can't wait to get back on it. Guess it's time to go fire her up  

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Summer sucks for us Pleasantly Plump gentlemen!!!
Too hot, can't ride a sled...the fishin is slow in the summer!!!
I can't think of one good thing about summer other than.....................bikini's

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
On those hot humid scorching summer days ,all I think about is how much I miss riding my sled.

Good things about summer

bikinis
beer
bratwurst
Bud Light
OK, fishing muskies is cool too

·
Registered
310 Posts
wut are you guys talking about, the fishing KICKS ### in the summer, i have been out about 9 or 10 times so far since april 1st, in maine, caught a lot of bass so far, but i cant wait till summer for fishing, thats when you catch the most.  and they are active so you dont have to wait an hour to reel in.  but for me the best thing about summer is, jet skiing, fishing, and stuff like that.  but i cant wait till next winter with my REV.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sledcrazy @ May 12, 2002, 07:29am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wut are you guys talking about, the fishing KICKS ### in the summer, ................... but i cant wait till summer for fishing, thats when you catch the most.  and they are active so you dont have to wait an hour to reel in.............[/b][/quote]
haha...not a walleye fisherman are ya!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Snow 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.Not much good about summer.If I want to see bikini's I'll go to the ballet up north where I ride the best snowmobile ever made.

·
Registered
310 Posts
no im not a walleye fisherman, there isnt any here.  my friend is going to minnesota though, hes hoping to do a lot of fishing there.  actually now im thinking about switching brands for a year.  i think i might try the F7.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Since I bought my first sled winter before last, and a new sled this season, my bass boat just doesn't seem to get out much.
funny how priorities change...I'd trade a few of $200 rod-n-reels outfits for another couple weeks of snow.  I didn't think any bug could bite harder than the ol bass fishing bug, until I rode my first snowmobile.  I now refuse to wash my snow bibs and jacket till fall...because I now go get a daily sniff of soaked in 2 cycle smoke to get my day going.

·
Registered
533 Posts
When is winter coming back?

Hmmm...  Seams like it has yet to leave in Yellowknife.  Here are some pictures I took this morning.  An unusual snowfall for end of may.

newf

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here is another.  This one is of my Brand Spanking New Truck.  Covered in snow.

newf

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Newf,

Thats more snow than we got in the entire winter here in Utica.... I think we saw about 6 inches on the ground at the most, and that was in the morning, by night time, it all melted, the closest place we had to trailer to was just south of Old Forge NY, about 45 minutes north, up in the heart of the adirondack mountains..... I HOPE next year is a banner year, with the new sled coming and all..

By the way, sharp truck.... even tho its a Ford.... LOL.....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fishing and thinking about that first canoe trip this spring keeps me goin.  But I just bought a house across the street from the local trail and I can't stop looking across the road and thinking how wonderful it will be to ride from my yard rather than trailer!!!

A

·
0 Posts
The more you think about it the more it's gonna suck until the snow flies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts