Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm attempting to try the snowmobiling sport - The other day I bought a couple of vintage sleds, both 1980 Yamahas. The first is an Enticer 340 and the other is an Excel V 540cc machine. The Excel is currently seized up so I need to tear the engine down and rebuild it before winter.

We'll be storing the sleds at our in-laws house in Cadillac. Hopefully Christmas vacation will bless us with snow in Cadillac. When it does, where is the closest trailhead in which to first attempt some snowmobiling? Anyone have a suggestion? I'm hoping to get some maps in the next few weeks in order to begin making some plans but since I have no experience, I was hoping someone on the list might be able to offer some insight. I've got myself, my wife, and three children, who will of course need to take turns. Shorter loops are probably the best for the first time out, I think.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There are tons of them around. Contact the visitors bureau in Cadillac and ask them to send you trail maps. Depending on where your in laws live. You can virtually ride anyplace around Cadillac to get to the various trails. You also might try Caadillac winter promotions-they do the grooming.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My parents own property just south of cadillac in Reed City. I was also curious about the trails in that area. There property is off 3mile rd and deer lk Rd. I heard i may be able to ride to the trail from there, but ive never gone up there for snowmbile season. I maybe missing out and never knew it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
We've been riding in the area for over 20 years and the last several start out at Lost Pines Lodge near Harrietta and the ski area. It's right in the middle of the trail system and a great place to get warm, have a drink and visit with other sledders. www.lostpinelodge.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts