Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where Can I find a new or used polaris 600cc eng. I have a pro x 440 fan and want to put it in that?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am not sure but I donot believe the prox fan has any heat exchangers. If so it would be cheaper to get a dif sled. As far as finding a motor post in the classifieds.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Keep an i out on Ebay. They are on there occasionally. But like Snowrat said you probably dont have heat exchangers so you will have to come up with a cooling system. You would be better off buying another sled

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I forgot to mention That if you do find a 600 motor and plan to make the swap you must get the complete engine wiring harness also because of the dif in electronics between the two along with the cdi for the 600 motor that you pick up.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's about impossible to do that swap.You'll spend ALOT of money buying all of the needed parts that a fan doesn't come with.
Caleb

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2002 600 XCSP.  Was thinking about selling the engine so I could buy a 03 800.  I can sell the engine, carbs, drive clutch, CDI, cooling hoses from tank to engine, motor mounts, pipe, silencer, basicaly the whole #### longblock for $2500.00, plus shipping (If needed).  It has 770 miles on it.

To fit in a 440 fan, you would need to buy the three exchangers for the tunnel, coolant hoses, bottle, etc.  Wiring should be straight forward with some modifications.  If you can't hook up the premium switch, remember that the CDI always defaults to premium mode.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not real sure on this but i think the 01 fan model came with exchanger built in but they didn't have the fittings for the hoses, but if they dont u could get them at a bone yard real cheap. The upgrade would be well worth it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
for all the parts if you have a sled/atv junk yard near they have some pretty good parts there just the rest of the sled is bad ancd they normally sell pretty cheap...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would sell the 440 and buy a 440 liquid rolling chassis
and drop in a 600 liquid. It would cost the same and be alot more straight foward

1 - 11 of 11 Posts