Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just changed my cat for a new Poo. When it comes to cats its easy to find parts and accesories on the internet, but its not as easy to find it for Poo´s.
So far Ive been visiting www.purepolaris.com and it seams to be a good site unless that most items seams to be "out of stock".

So the question is simply. Where do I buy my Polaris stuff. I want to pimp it as soon as possible :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm going to assume you're talking Polaris OEM parts. For years discounts on these parts have been strictly taboo. I don't want to jeopardize anything, so I'm only going to say that's changing, and that more and more dealers are offering online discounts, using online microfiche, and almost identical websites. A search may help somebody that doesn't mind doing a little homework.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi!

I just changed my cat for a new Poo. When it comes to cats its easy to find parts and accesories on the internet, but its not as easy to find it for Poo´s.
So far Ive been visiting www.purepolaris.com and it seams to be a good site unless that most items seams to be "out of stock".

So the question is simply. Where do I buy my Polaris stuff. I want to pimp it as soon as possible :rolleyes:[/b]

I like Kens sports, you can order on line or call them. They have fast shipping and will set you up with a discount, usually 10%. I use them alot, last year when I purchased my new 07 RMK, conditions were not that good and I went through 3 A-Arms, they had replacement parts on my front door in a few days so I did not miss a ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too am a big fan of Kens sports, We got some really good deals last saturday at the central wisconsin snowmobile show 50% and noticed they have same deal online. We got all my Girlfriends gear there saved a bunch considering its her first year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I usally use just about any parts microfiche online and get the dealer price and or OEM part#, then google the part # and check ebay first for used. I find most dealerships are gonna be around the same price, but to save sometime and save on shipping just go to your local dealer if you want brandnew and cant find your part on ebay. Bring your Part # with you as ive noticed this helps the A WHOLE LOT!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
There are 10-20% discounts on Polaris OEM parts available if you're willing to spend the time to find them (try a search on discount polaris parts). If you're looking at an expensive order, compare prices, don't just assume you're getting a discount because they're advertising one. A lot of time there's free freight over 100. - especially if you ask for it. Add the fact that if you're buying out of state there's no sales tax, and it's made it very difficult to go into a dealership and show the high school kid that's never been on a sled how to find your part - then be expected to pay full retail price for it. I've found that it's fair to assume any part you need is not going to be in stock wherever/however you look, then be pleasantly surprised if it is.

Those that have good dealers available to them, my hat's off to you - and your dealer. My actual preference would be to go someplace like that to help support them. There's nothing I like better than working with an experienced parts man familiar with your sled. Problem I've found, is there's not many of them around any more. When your area becomes like the on I'm from, then you might consider resorting to my tactics above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts