my favorite place to ride begins in my yard because,,
1. i don't have to make it back to a motel i already paid for.
2. when i feel like a ride on the couch i just point for home and let my buddies all go do something stupid without me.
3. the dollars i spend are multiplied by ten and not hundreds.
4. when on a trip and even when though my sled is in perfect running order and well maintained the thought of a break down crosses my mind, but when i am around the local trails it never crosses my mind.
5. i like my cooking better than what is at some of the greasy spoons found along the way.
Bumps, jumps, cornfields, powerlines, actually anyplace there is snow. I do enjoy the local trails, but they can get beat up pretty quick. When there isn't enough snow around here, head east to Tug Hill, but usually on weekdays to avoid the crowds.
I ride from home when there is snow (near Orillia), but the local club is doing a lousy job as of late. We like to go up to Elk Lake / Kirkland Lake area at least once a year for a week. Tons of snow, great trails. Hopefully we will ride up to Cochrane from there this year.
I like it here when we have but last year was my first time up Old Forge Ny. It was great riding and can't wait for snow. Maybe this year we'll try riding Island Pond Vt or up in Nh or any where there is snow.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, troubleshooting, trails, maintenance, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, accessories, and more!