Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where people in hamilton, toronto area head to ride. I live in Burlington. And have a cottage in Haliburton. On Drag Lake.

·
1,327 Posts
Hey OLEO,

Welcome to the site.

I am Originally from Hamilton, but I just moved to Grimsby.

I usually do most of my riding in and around Magnetawan, but I also try to make trips to check out new areas.

I have a cottage in Ahmic Harbour.

I am going to try to put together a large group ride for anyone in this area(Hamilton, Burlington etc).

I work in Burlington as well, Right by the 403/407 Split.

Welcome aboard, I think you will find everyone here to be very helpful and friendly.

What type of sled to you ride?

DP

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Oleo welcome aboard.We live near apsley and ride in cochrane, haliburton,mazinaw,Lake st.peter, & Quebec.Anywhere we can find snow :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
if you like smooth trails and some powder riding then you cant go wrong in northern ont...from early jan to early april

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
From Apsley we ride to Cloyne, Lake St Peter & Harcourt to name a few places.

We try to arrange a boys weekend in Parry Sound. From there we'll ride to Burk's Falls & the Port Loring/Still River areas.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats cool. I like this forum, its very similar to snowmobilefanatics.com. I spent alot of my time there.

dpaige - At the moment I'm riding a 1991 skidoo safari 377 2up. Its not much, but I'm 16 and it was pretty much handed to me, so I have to be thankful. And right now money is going in a lot of directions and a sled isn't at the top of the list. Wish I had something with a little more guts tho. 2 of my buddies just picked up '02 mxz 800's so i've become the slow one in the group.

I don't do much trailering. Most of our rides are just day trips. I ride with an older group, and we usually just take it easy.

Revrnd - Harcourt is about a 20 min ride from drag lake. If you havn't you should try heading do that way. Haliburton is just south west of Hardcourt, and theres a couple nice resturants, and places to fill up.

Most of you must have riden in the Haliburton Forest. How do you like it? Do you think that the 12$ day pass or whatever it is was worth it?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
OLEO. IT cost's a lot more then $12.00 to ride in the Haliburton forest, last I heard it is close to $20.00 and they only allow 100 sleds.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Haliburton Forest is a rip off for the money.I never thought the trails were that great.It is now $30.00 a day and only so many people per day.Just my $0.02. :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
OLEO, Check out their web site, the price has increased to $30/day and you have to make a reservation as they only allow a certain number of sleds on the property /day. Super nice place to ride especially the less travelled more remote trails but getting a little pricey but since they usually have snow when most places don't a necessary evil.
Over the last few seasons I've become a snow chaser, going where ever it takes to ride. :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Oleo, I've run up the Miskwabi trail to get to Haliburton once or twice. Too bad there is road running to get to Head Lake. Peterson Trail is nuts. Too many cowboys heading for & coming back from Lake St. Peter.

Last time I ran in the Forest was New Years '90. Nice place to ride, but I couldn't see the point in buying a season pass. :doh:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow I didn't know that it was that much! 30 bucks, thats certainly not worth it. I have never actually riden on their trails, but I'v riden through it. I head the trails were good, but since its privatly own there are no speed limits and the people there are nuts. Its the scariest thing to come around a corner and see a 3 1/2 foot wide sled doing 60km/h on your side....

revrnd - I'm not sure of that route. If I can find a trail map I will post the route that we take to Hardcourt. On head lake on the opposite side of town, there is a trail that goes up someones driveway, and you follow that out untill you hit the hydro lines, that go up to whitney.... Also coming up from the south to Head lake, there is the old railway line that comes from kinmount. What roads were you running?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think it was the road that run to the east off 118 by the Dodge dealer. But we've also gotten on to Head by crossing 118 just south of the Northwoods.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh wow, Do you know that road off of 118, across from North wood. Harburn rd. My cottage is 5 min down that road. Small world...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I live by Sarnia, so we have to trailer to sled. Will go anywhere, but the Muskokas usually.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
We ride in the muskokas,haliburton,kawartha and mazinaw region.
Between the group i ride with someone has a place in one of those
regions.So what area has the best conditions is where we go ;)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wOW $30.00 to ride in the forest is a little much. if there is snow and the lake freezes I can ride from home.But I also like to ride in Muskoka, Dorset is also good place to ride. Any where there is snow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I live in barrie ont.
used to be able to ride from the house but there is a new bylaw now no sleds on the street after 11:00
Central Ont. has good trails A what's up to the Apsley crew I get to Buckhorn and Chandos quite a bit
I try to do a minimum of 4 overnights
Northern ont is where it's at!!
It will snow this year we gotta believe! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Crash, How do those over nights go? What do they cost you ...

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Crash, do you ride w/ anyone from the Apsley area?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts