Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-trying to pass the time until thursday night, just curious where is everyone heading for the weekend and how many hours will you be driving to get there, if any!

Me=Leaving on Thursday night, heading to Newport Center, VT, 4 1/2 hours, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
nowhere :( :cussing:

I may take the sled to my dads to show him but i cant take it on the trails, no reg. or trail stickers yet. Its about a 30 min drive, 10 min highway, 20 mins on somewhat back roads between 50-55 mph

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sledding till next week...will be in Houghton/Hancock a 10 hour drive :crazy: I must be nuts :huh:[/b]
I think all snowmobilers are!!!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I have moved from where i used to live . Now its a 6 hour drive and 3 ferrys to get to my buddys place in the mountains ! ( was 20 minutes before )Going down on the 27th for 5 days of playing in the snow . :christmas: :

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Right from home like we have all week long :D Soon the xmas visits will be done then it is all sledding from there, Perms off for 3 weeks so ride we will :D :p

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I'll be riding in the Rome, Pa area if the weather doesn't destroy the white stuff....
About a 20 minute drive, and the sleds are already there! :christmas:

·
Registered
56 Posts
5 hrs to my folks' farm. All wide open prairie around there so we have to hunt around for drifts in abandonded yards, or beside shelterbelts etc. Then 3 hrs to my wife's folks' farm next week. A few more hills, bluffs, sloughs, etc. Then another 2 1/2 hrs to NE Sask to get on the trails up there. Way too much driving, but worth it!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ill be riding around Trout Creek..Powassan..North Bay area all week and weekend this is awesome sledding right now!! I got my sled absolutly burried coulpe hours ago :rolleyes: its been awhile since I can remember doing that around here. I will be walking out my front door to the garage thats as far as I have to go.

Grant.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sledding this weekend?.. HA... I have to work and get this.. Work trip Dec. 26- Jan1st to FLORIDA.... I think I"m going to lose my mind.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sledding this weekend?.. HA... I have to work and get this.. Work trip Dec. 26- Jan1st to FLORIDA.... I think I"m going to lose my mind.[/b]
Thats frusterating! No one on this site likes Florida this time of year when they could be enjoying the powder (except Richard, although he may not like it either!) :blahblah:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a lot of work trips to FL.. I got to take my wife on the last one and she LOVED it but it was Oct.... Not much happening in PA. in Oct. so it was a good get a way...Warm temps and palm trees... I tell people we like snowmobiling and they look at me like I'm crazy... "How do you stand the cold?"... LOL... These peeps have no idea that you are NOT cold on a sled. They will never experience the exhilaration of sledding because they are afraid of being cold... I guess I shouldn't complain.. If they knew how much fun it was our trail systems would be grid-locked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts