Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where these pictures are from.  I received from a buddy via email.

They sure are funny.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think those are from the drag race on Detriot Lakes earlier this winter.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, that is Detriot Lakes, Minnesota. That was a scene from this year's WSA Pro Ice races at the Holiday Inn. Those are like an Iroc race for sleds.
They usually park alot more trailers on the ice and farther out but this year there has been way too many warm days. Many of the racers decided not to park on the ice, probably a good thing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I do not think that the whole scenario was funny. It cost the racers alot of money and most were not able to race. MN DNR checked the ice and gave the WSA permits to run the race and park on the ice. I had some other pictures and you could see that the ice was well over 12" thick. Had something to do with stress cracks or something to that effect. It was a bad situation and I don't think that it was funny at all. The racers were told that the ice was safe and to maintain a safe distance between the trailers. More racers showed up during the night and didn't get that info so they parked where ever there was room. No one got injured and that was the most important factor!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Look at all the money that was sunk in the water. Incredible, gotta feel sorry for those guys especially knowing they were told the ice was safe. Just an all around bad situation.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
that was big news america wide a few month's back some serious stuff it was a surprise there no deaths it could have happened during the day but it happened through the night.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
That's too bad.
  I didn't hear the thing about the DNR measuring the ice before.  That changes the whole situation!  Sorry to see this horrible sight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts