Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few of you guys from Michigan, so I thought I'd ask here.
The guy I thought was going to look at my sled, is not, so I have to find a place to take it.
I need the jetting re-done and maybe the oil pump turned down and the clutching looked at.
Can anyone recommend a good place to take it? Any of you work on your sleds? Wanna work on mine?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's in West Michigan. I probably should've stated that in my post. It's right next to Holland, about a half-hour SW of Grand Rapids.
Anyone have any comments on Babbits in Muskegon or Nelson's Speed Shop in Greenville?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I know Nelson's is big in racing, but can't really comment on their cust. svc.  I'm sure they have the knowledge to do what needs to be done.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try D&T DYNO in the lapeer area, he is into cats and ski-doo's he has a chassies Dyno, He has a shop set up at his home with a dyno room to test run your sled! he has an add in American Snowmobiler  his number is 8102450629! I know he wrenches for some top pro riders when they are in Michigan to race! ask for derek! he might be able to answer your question also!

·
Registered
404 Posts
This place might be a little further than you want to travel, but I come from Laporte, IN(little over an hour)to take my cats to them.  Glenwood Snowmobile Sales in Glenwood, MI.  They are a few miles north of Dowagiac off of M51.  It is a family owned and really treat their customers great.  In season, if you're not there by 10 after 9am, you'll be in a line that stretches to the front door.  It is not a huge fancy monster store, but a smaller clean well organized service oriented dealer.  They sit right next to the trail and have a large field across the street for testing also(providing there's snow).  I would highly recommend them to anyone in the vicinity.  They don't seem to mind talking to you either.
They also are a Polaris dealer also.
I am in no way associated with them, just impressed with their service and the way we have been treated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Go see Jerry at Countryside Motors in South Haven.  This guy has built sno pro engines that have one the x games.  I've bought three sleds from him in the past two winters and he has done me right.  He has multiple race wins in Michigan as well.  It's not too far south from Zeeland.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Z570SS...I'm the one who bought that ZRT drive shaft from you that my brother picked up for me.  Put it in the EXT we have and works great.  I ended up getting a nice late season deal on a 02 ZR600 carb, like it alot and looks like I'll be committed to cats for a while.  Maybe we can hook up together some time for some riding, the wife has started to ride this year also and likes it quite well.  Now the waiting game begins till next season.  See ya later

·
Registered
39 Posts
nelsons is a good shop, but they are in the rebuilding stage from the fire they had(greenville) BABBITS  likes to over price everything they have or do but thats my opinion. nelsons will also give you advice right over the phone and you cant beat that

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Cats dish, your avatar looks like my old one.  Glad to hear the driveshaft worked out for ya.  I found another one on ebay that worked for my dads sled.   Got the reverse replaced and he never got any snow to ride it.  I just bought a house on the Buffalo run trail, so I'm planing on a lot of riding next winter!  

I heard that Nelsons was good too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Z570SS, I called Countryside the other day. I'll probably end up taking it there. They have their own race shop, so they probably know what they're doing, and the guy seemed pretty cool too.
I'll take it down there in the fall when it gets cooler again. I can't wait for next winter already! It'll be nice when my sled's running top notch. Untill then I get to stud it this summer with the studs and green backers that the guy that I bought it from gave me. Oh, and some new carbides, and handle bar risers, and.....  Whew, this can get expensive. lol  I'll have to wait on new skis and a few other things till next summer.
Thanks again

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've been to Lewiston motorsports as well (grandpop lives there), and they seem to have a good reputation too.  Of all the Cat dealers I've been to only one was bad.  Gaylord rental used to be the cat dealer and they sucked.  They kicked my brother out for wearing in his ski doo jacket.  Too bad.  He was ready to buy about $500 worth of parts for a Wildcat.  I heard they were bought out. So maybe they're better now.

A

·
0 Posts
Mark and Ed are good people there at Lewiston.  They work with you and even are CatMasters.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Z570SS...what section of the trail will you be near.  We get on either at speedway, or Galien.  Went and looked at a Z440 for the wife yesterday, still debating though.  Oh well, hope to run into you next season.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to say I found the website for Countryside Racing. I didn't realize it was That big of a race shop. I was reading the Amsoil/Polaris/Scheuring deal on the WSA website and saw that a place called Countryside Racing Engines also sponsors DJ and Tate, so I looked into it. Yep, same place!!! Countryside builds engines for DJ, JT and other racers! My sled should be rockin' after they get done with it. Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. His prices were the same as all the other places though, just hoping it's nothing major.
Here's the website if anyone wants to check it out.
Countryside Racing Engines
Man, I can't wait till this winter! I think I'm going to stud my track this weekend, since we have an extra day.
Later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Greenstreak,
Iwould recommend Neslon's, there service department is open and they do a good job at a fair price. They also helped me out this spring when we could not get Arctic Cat to help with my wifes 4Stroke sled problems. Ryan the service manager after about 90 days of phone calls and letters got cat to replace the hood and all other damaged parts. There # is 616-754-9185.
Paul

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's not too often you have a couple good choices for good service and tuning.  I've never heard a bad word about Nelson's.  Flip a coin if you have too, but I've seen what Countryside can do...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts