Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
hey another fellow mainer, the cheapest insurance i could find was through liberty mutual. i pay 341.00 a year for my mach z and mxz. the only thing was i had to put my truck throught them too

·
Registered
392 Posts
$700!  Holy crap!

I have a spotless driving record, and I insure 3 cars with the same company, but I'm only 25, so I have to admit that I'm quite shocked that I only pay $100.

·
Registered
56 Posts
$210 from American Family with $500 deductible and I do have my home and 2 cars with them as well with no tickets.

I suggest when getting quotes that you ask what deductibles they are so you can compare apples to apples and so on and so forth.  What I found was either $250 or $500 was the most popular.  Then you have property (helmet, etc ) that should also have an assigned vaule if stolen.  Finally there is property damage and liability coverage values that vary that could drive your insurance price qoute as well.  

Get all the facts from your agents so you can make the best possible educated decision at the time.  Speeding tickets don't help at all.

Ask if their is a good student discount is your of age and in college or a price break like auto over 25 and another when married.

Not sure about sledding but I know when I took boater safety course I got 10% discount from my insurance right off the top on my ski boat.  Anyone know if this is possible in the sled world?

Later - Braz

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hey Imp,
      that is a correct quote for new sleds (engine size is also considered) I have 01' 800 MXZX and 500 Formula DLX and I pay $620 because I joined a sled club, but was quoted at $720 up to $1200 from 4 different insurance companies. But in Mass., insurance is state regulated, so prices tend to be higher. Best way to find insurance is do a internet search for "snowmobile insurance" and start calling. Unless you have a local insurance dealer who does a lot of sleds, quotes will be high because they do not know how to insure the sleds properly. They are giving you and auto rate basically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts