1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I always put mine on the snow flap :D

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I used a roll of velcro and stuck it on the tunnel where it narrows out in hieght at the back. I grinded it off on an angle and slightly bent the edges in so you boots wont snag and it fits perfect. I will never drill a hole in my sled and thats how i'll hang em untill they come with a plate holder.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I thought all plates had to be mounted on the left side of the tunnel. That way it is always visible to road when riding in the ditch. This is why I mount mine as far back on the tunnel so my saddle bags cover them. That way the police can't read the plate from the road when I go by.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Are you guys not allowed to use custom numbers? They tried to take that away from us a few years ago and there was a big uprising and they changed it back. No one wants to put a big scab on their brand new 12000K sled. I put them on the windshield last year . Not good if you smash your windshield though, but highly visible sorta OPP style ,lol

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
We carry ours in our trunk. Stopped by the RCMP a couple times last year and as long as you have your registration and insurance cards on you you're OK. They didn't even ask about the plate.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Carry it in the trunk?? Hmmm... that almost sounds doable. Its real akward to install the plate on the REV X with the tunnel re-inforcement brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts