Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me a good place to stay at St. Ignace? Preferably close to the trails.We're going to leave our stuff there and ride to Grand Marais, spend the night and then come back. I've never ridden around St. Ignace before and don't know how the hotels are situated compared to the trails. Any help would be appreciated.

Wink

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't know the orientation either Wink,, but I sure know there are a lot of them,,, and I know you're going to trailer your sleds up there,,,,,

·
Registered
357 Posts
You might try finding a web site for their chamber of commerce. I rode from St. Ignace once and it looked like there were a few close to the trail head we parked at, but I couldn't tell ya the names. If there's enough snow you can ride on any street in the right-of-way, so it really wouldn't matter how far the hotel is!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey wink...call my buddys family they own a hotel just outside of town called the captains inn...not the nicest hotel but it is a roof and it is warm and its fairly cheap(free for me so thats where i do my riding)...its about a ten minute ride to get to the trails however...the phone number is 906 643 9195...

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
from what I found the motels on 2 going west are the best bet.I think there is a quality and motel 6 off the top of my head.in town I pretty much think trailering out is best.but that is just an opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buget Host is the one you want, only 3 or 4 blocks from the railroad grade. Nice pool and hot tub too!! The trails are great when theres enough snow. If you get time you gotta ride to Cut River from St Ignace, around Brevort Lake. One of our favorite trails

1 - 7 of 7 Posts