Snowmobile World banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride the interior of Alaska, at about 3,000 to 6,000 feet of elevation. Just curious as to where most people on this board ride at.

RIDE SAFE

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I live on top of the biggest hill around here1230' above sea level. The problem here is there are trees everywhere, and where there isnt its rocks. :D We are in central ontario in the kawarthas. When the snow is normal we ride around here. When we want fun in 6'+ powder we goto Cochrane ,ont just south of james bay or to quebec in the laurentians and north of timiskaming. Lots of groomed trails with nonstop powder and pit opportunities beside the trail :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
OMOTM,
That's a big track on that sled. More pics from you would be great. Show us the great white of Alaska!!!!
Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
we dont have super big hills like out west,but we do have some hilly areas we ride power lines,pipe lines,creeks,and ditchs,makes for a good variety of riding,we are fortunate in cochrane as there are not many rocks in the area,riding offtrail is fairly safe with the odd stump lurking under the powder,if you own a 156 or 159 its pretty much overkill around here.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those pictures are from last year. Here is a picture of my favorite riding area, taken 3 weeks ago. I should be able to start riding here in October, usually by the middle.

RIDE SAFE

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
When the itch for powder gets too great, I spend a week out in the West Yellowstone, MT area and find the less travelled areas to satisfy my need for powder and climbing. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
My favorite spot to ride is in the mountains of Central Idaho, elev. 7000-9000 ft. The exact location is a secret because I have yet to see anyone there that wasn't with me. When you find a great spot out here, you tend to keep it to yourself. Who wants to share their piece of heaven on earth? :)

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Doug it looks like it would take a lifetime to explore that area :0: . nice pic,
Are you in Alaska too? Jeff

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep. I'm from Alaska too. OMOTM is a great guy. He lives about 350 miles from me. I was up there this summer running my sled in their local mud bogs. FUN!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What, you don't spend enough time in that other place. LOL.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Nice trough(sp) doug, Do you think more track speed or more track length would help, just jokin. I notice that you have a serious amount of posts over there. Anyways its nice to see more mountain people here.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Ireally like west yellow stone, or big sky, last year we rode on mt, saint helens, this is my new favorite, we have to bring the god child back out there in late october, so my brother inlaw and i are going back up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live in the Black Hills of SD. Back in the day :p we used to get powder. Its been a few years. The riding is at about 6500ft. Rode snowy range WY last year started at about 6500 and finished at 11500. I also like the big sky and yellowstone area when the mood hits. A buddy has a place to stay in the big horns of WY so it looks like my fizzer and I will try that this year. He promised he would wait up for me. :blahblah: Some how I don't think my 95 long track fizzer is going the places his 800 rmk is going.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I road last night "in my dream" it was sweet...cant wait till snow flies

·
Registered
287 Posts
I ride in the centrel Sierra's. Problem is there are a lot of trees. This pic is on one of the few area's that don't have any. This is looking East, about 15 miles (the tall white snow peaks) is Yosemite National Park, and The Ansel Adams Wilderness. You can get into Ansel Adams but if you get caught!!!!!!!!! Mammoth Mtn. is beyond that. I would like to cross the sierra's into Mammoth, but the Merced river that goes through Yosemite/Ansel Adams would be a major hurtle. I know of people that have ridden in the area and were chased by helicopter coming out of Mammoth. On a good day you can see the Gondola's at Mammoth from center points. If they catch you, automatic sled forfiet, they keep it, and a hugh fine. Maybe one day......... Not!

·
Registered
959 Posts
i ride on the areas between feilds with about 4 feet of powder or in ditchs fun fun fun!!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
we ride the donnar pass area,great powder,great mnt rideing untill the snow turns into what we call sierra cement

1 - 20 of 22 Posts