Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I check 4 to 5 times a week hoping to find the new site but that BORING front page keeps popping up.WTF ?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm tired of the same page also but we must wait. i though that it would be up by now also. I knew with the new server once again it got moved back but I thought that it would only take a extra week or two. Any idea when it'll be up Corey?
Caleb

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Im sure it wont be much longer and i would say it will be great when its finally up.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ohh great, now you have me looking on every page of SW's for a special link........I hear that the expected date for it is September 30th.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
As quoted by corey in another post !

Our testing of the new forums is currently in an Alpha stage, though beta testing of it will begin within a few days. Along with this new software release comes another new SW design. Together, that makes this new design SW3, add in Snowmobiling Online and that makes 4.

In conclusion I would like to add that we realize that the new site design is a long time coming. While the new design WILL NOT dazzle anyone, nor does it add that much frill to the site, it does provide us much better realibility, easier updating, faster pages, all done behind the scenes. What users see is the finished page, many not realizing that it is a completely new HTML code. Cleaner, faster, better.

Also, the new forum software finally briings us the best of both worlds: PHP software code together with MySql database. We have talked about this subject before and now we finally have the software. No other combination that I know of can be more reliable, fast, and easy to use.

Please be patient as we finish this new design. As some have said, our goal is to release a finished site by Sept 30, though only time can tell if it will be a little sooner or even a little later. Things are changing, and as we add this new design, m ore and more users will stumble on to it. It is nearly impossible to integrate the new design with the old without leaving a few backdoors into the new design.

As someone mentioned, there is a link hidden on the existing site that leads to the new design. It's nothing special to see, so I don't advise anyone to lose any sleep looking for it. The look isn't any better than what we already have here (heck it might be worse). But what is better, is all of the behind-the-scenes stuff that nobody sees.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in SW. Remember, its the users that make the site, not the site itself...

--------------
Corey
SnowmobileWorld.com Webmaster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts