Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard alot about this Motocross type style sled last season but not lately,  I'm really into them and looking to buy one if possable.....I think it would really be a blast since I love ridding Moto X bikes 2. Have you guys heard anything or what are your veiws on this Steller Sled?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Saw one at the Snow show last year, also had one at my clubs grass drags. To me it seemed like it would take some getting used to, like you said it is more of a moto -x type ride than a traditional snowmobile. Also it seemed pretty tall standing next to it, which I interpret as tippy until you get some experience on it. If you want one, go for it, read they are only building 300 this year.

·
Registered
959 Posts
if you do decide to get one contact the DNR or who ever runs your trails and make sure they are welcome.  and if you get alot of icy conditions i would have a real sled to use as back up  because you hit that ice and your gone also i would not  stud it because you will dump it and i wouldnt want studs in my leg...i also looked at gettin one but most trails in wisconsin they are not welcome o..n just my 2 cents il

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I don't believe they can sto you from using the trails as it is a registered snowmobile. And they are building them but selling fast. There are some posts from the last month about them if you flip back a few pages in the chit chat or general forum I believe. Labradorboy works for them I believe so look for him on hereand ask him. And they are studding them and with there carbides digging in you won't dump it unless you screw up. They corner incredibly.
Caleb

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check out the latest copy of SnowGoer, they have a pretty decent artical on them.  There is also info on how to purchase one and some tech specs as well, just like sled dogg said it comes with a 2 1/4" studded track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts