Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this year is going to be another bust!! Usually by now there would have been some kind of snow on the ground in the chicago area by now!! Whats your predictions for this season?

·
Registered
980 Posts
WAY to early to tell.
We have had a bit of a dusting here in s.w. lower the past week or so and parts of the UP got a few heavy snow showers last week.
If we ever get any decent snows it is rarely before Thanksgiving and it is truly unusual to have any ridable snow before Christmas anymore.
The years of being able to have decent early season snow is gone I think, the world is just warming to much.
The seasons just seem to continually get shorter, I just hope we have a decent (rather than great) season - my expectations are getting less and less every year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We had a lot of flake action today but as usual nothing stayed only wet the grass long enough to hang the skis across the front lawn.
I pray to the snow gods every day!!!!!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Woke up to a dusting in the Farwell area this morning. Made for a nice morning of hunting.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
The forecast was calling for just under a foot of snow this weekend (with zero base at riding altitudes) but it got colder, and what was supposed to be rain became snow. Now it looks like we may be getting 2 feet in the next few days, but we'll see. If it's in that range, my wife and I will go out at least once this week and post pics and youtube links ASAP. Then I just hope it doesn't rain again and kill our base again. We will need one more real storm after this to get in full swing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey guys, this question seems irrelevant when some guys still show 1000 miles already this season - or even more. Either let's get those odometer numbers fixed or we'll just assume everyone's good with snow. (Geez, I feel like a piker with only 75 so far.)

·
10,054 Posts
I would say those still showing miles havent reset the number from last year. I am sitting at about 200 yards right now and that was on grass.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Had snow now it's melted, today it was snowing..One really good thing is the temp. has been hovering around and under freezing, I know some of the ponds and small lakes are covered in ice up North, and the ground if freezzing up nicely so if we don't get a warm spell we are off to a good start here........

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also have zero miles as well... The seasons are definitely taking a turn for the worse... Well in the U.s. at least... if you go to the arctic cat website you will find rebates on 06 and 07 snowmobiles.... If you go to canada there are only rebates for the 08 models... Meaning there are far less snowmobiles being sold in the U.S. meaning a huge lack of snow!! Looks like the only places close to me is to head to far north wiscconsin or the U.P. of michigan... Cadillac use to be a hot spot and even there its not like it use to be... Can someone do a snow dance for us over here in the midwest??

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have zero miles as well... The seasons are definitely taking a turn for the worse... Well in the U.s. at least... if you go to the arctic cat website you will find rebates on 06 and 07 snowmobiles.... If you go to canada there are only rebates for the 08 models... Meaning there are far less snowmobiles being sold in the U.S. meaning a huge lack of snow!! Looks like the only places close to me is to head to far north wiscconsin or the U.P. of michigan... Cadillac use to be a hot spot and even there its not like it use to be... Can someone do a snow dance for us over here in the midwest??[/b]
zero snow here to drivin me nuts.just got a new gade 800 only has 15 min.as for dooin a snow dance I asked a native buddy of mine he said not to mess with that stuff,see its true you cant get a indian to work lol :lmao:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts