Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a little tough decision here found a 96 zrt and a 96 ski doo formula 3 both are 600 and triple's which is better for a wifes sled

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I think the FIII has more hp (~126) but I would say the zrt handles alot better than the F chassis doo w/ C7. Depends what kind of riding you want it for ;)

·
Registered
516 Posts
hard to say i know about the ZRT and it's a fast enjoyable ride, but i never really got to know the formula's, but i would say the formula has a little better gas mileage than the cat. but i'd let your wife decide on the sled you'll probably pic the wrong one and she'll remind you of your bad pic LOL :D good luck to ya ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't pick either of those 2 for my wife. Both Manufacturers make a good "Cushy" ride, I went with the 500ZL for her and she really likes it. It has a 100 times better ride than either of the sleds you are talking about. But a lot depends on what your wife is looking for in a sled and how well she can hadle it. Mine rode a 97 ZRT6 for a couple hours one day and was more than happy to get off of it saying it was to heavy for her liking. To each their own I guess! Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:doh: well of coarse i will pick the wrong one :( but here's the secret i ride a 96 zrt so i guess what i am hinting at is do we want 2 of the same sleds? thanks fella's

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you want her to have the 96 ZRT you should give her yours that way you can go get a new one :D Thats what I do... Although she would like a ZL ALOT better! I guarentee it!! I would not put her on the Doo.

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Rocketman@Nov 5 2002, 11:38 PM
I think the FIII has more hp (~126) but I would say the zrt handles alot better than the F chassis doo w/ C7. Depends what kind of riding you want it for ;)
Same as the ZRT. In 97 the ZRT went down to 118.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I vote for the ZRT. (I ride one also so my vote is slanted a bit). Although there are lighter, softer sleds to choose from, I have very few complaints on how my ZRT rides. On the other hand, my wife won't ride it. She complains that it's too big, too fast, and intimidating.

If your wife likes that type of sled, you probably can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Hell I have seen women drive Tcat 1000s :hallo1:

Though they are very few of them :p

Some can handle it

:0:

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by FreezerBurnt@Nov 6 2002, 11:24 AM
Hell I have seen women drive Tcat 1000s :hallo1:

Though they are very few of them  :p

Some can handle it

:0:
I have a friend who's wife is a small petite thing stands 5' high and weighs 100# wet who races a TCat.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Speaking from experience, get something with electric start and reverse or you will regret it! ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
her last sled was a 580 95 pantera 2 up . she liked it because it was very stable but once she got used to riding she wanted something wuth more umph!!!!! and better for the trails. and fields. she does like my zrt and we want to stay in that year range so we are getting the formula if she doesnt like it we can always just get something diiffrent next year at $1500 i wont lose any money!!! thanks everyone and see you on the trails
. :blahblah:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a girlfriend who rides a FIII; she's really petite, but she handles it better than a lot of guys. Of course, she's ridden all her life.

Jacqui.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by got snow??@Nov 6 2002, 06:31 AM
:doh: well of coarse i will pick the wrong one :( but here's the secret i ride a 96 zrt so i guess what i am hinting at is do we want 2 of the same sleds? thanks fella's
If you buy the ZRT at least you would have interchangable parts. if need be.. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts