Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I haven't seen either of these sleds run, but I would think that it would be fairly close by the end of the 1000' between the 900 and RX-1. I'd put my money on the 900 though. ;)

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
in 500 feet the F7 might run with the 900 but in a 1000 the 900 top end will kick in and leave the F7 trailing... But put them on a twists trail and watch the F7 disappear

·
Registered
791 Posts
Of course everyone in this section will say the Zr 900 but only Cat riders look here and vote, move it to the General snowmobiling and get some more votes.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
03f7snopro... If you want me to move it the general let me know... xc699 its up to him... I agree with you but thats the benefits of being a cat man in a cat forum

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would say it would be a tossup between the ZR900 and the REV800. I don't know about the Firecat 700. The REV 800 has proved itself, 900 CC twin torque is proven no matter who makes it(no replacement for displacement), with what Cat is saying about the F7, it should win, but they haven't put there money where their mouth is yet. (I haven't bought in to the Haydays exhibition run). I wouldn't be surprised if it were fast, but I also could believe it to be just above average for a 700. I'm getting sick of waiting for the snow cuz I want to see about all of these new sleds

·
Registered
430 Posts
The 900 hands down. It is a trail sled with a crap load of power. It has a lower center of gravity which is conducive to speed. In addition it has the power over the others. I don't think just the Cat guys will say that. Now put Doo's 800 triple in the mix and the 900 would not have a chance.
So again tell me why the triples are so big heavy and how noone wants them. How may drag races need to be run without a triple in it before people admit that it was a horrible idea to get rid of them!!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by TaxiCat@Oct 11 2002, 08:00 AM
It has a lower center of gravity which is conducive to speed.
CG loses much of its importance when you're just going straight.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I can't believe anyone even a polaris fan could actually believe a 800x would win! It's a easy win for the ZR900 or RX-1 The REV is 20 or 30 ponds lighter this year but it's still only making arounr 140hp.the 900 and RX are well above that. And ton's more torque which is whatr really matters. The RX-1 is turning sick numbers on the ashphalt curcuit for a new un tested machine. It's keeping up and or beating teams tested SRX's which is no mean feat. But it's 1/4 mile, not 660 or 1000' But i don't think it would be any other sled than the 900 or RX-1.
Caleb

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey where's the mighty fusion 900 in the list !!!!!!!!!!!! or did it get left out because they can't make it 1000' with out a rebuild??

1 - 20 of 91 Posts