Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new sled for 02-03 season.  and i want it to be a 2003 model.  I want your guys input, I am an aggresive rider and like to get big air a lot.  I want an awesome suspension also.  I dont care what brand you guys reccomend to me, or what model, I just want your guys input for what I should get: PRO X 440LC racer, FIRECAT F7, REV 800 (i will put the 440 mxzx suspension on it)  or the PRO X 700.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I would say the Pro x or the rev X, but im still not totally sold on that new doo chassis.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Both the 'doo & AC are new for this year. The polaris is basically carryover (?) If brand isn't important I'd go with the Polaris.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the pro-x 440 polaris is not a carry over, it will be radicaly different. i hear that it will have an  A FRAME front susp. not sure what the power will be, or if it will have a turned around engine like ac, hope not, not to sure about that designe. might look like a blade? polaris and blade are working close together.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            if it's not fast   >   it's not fun

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
If what numberone says is true you're on your own. I guess you should look at who has the best dealer for service in your area in case you have problems.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would stay away from the 440 Racer sleds, those motors are real high-strung and like to eat on pistons. The REV is awesome as far as handling goes. I would look hard at the 600 REV, even a 600HO if you could find one.

The rear skid is very capable of severe riding also, only real difference is the vavlving on the shocks (X models vs. the 440MXZx)

·
Registered
310 Posts
yea, i would think the PRO X would be awesome if you could find an older model, like the 01.  the REV is awesome too, I would probably get that and get stiffer valved shocks.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
in with the old and out with the new go with one of the F's or a REV never look back.  

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I'm a little biased, but I would look seriously at the rev or ProX 600 ( I don't think there is such a thing as a ProX 700...but if there is, go for that) IMO the F series Cat engines put out too much HP for their size, and I would wait a few years to see if they can hold together. I'm just not convinced that that high an output can be reliable.

Another thing I am not quite sure about is the narrow track on the cats. I've heard its quite tippy when you pop the skis up.

We know that A-arms work very well, we know that Rotax makes a great engine  
 (shameless plug
) and we know that the VES Polaris engines are over-achievers. Does that narrow it down? LOL

Like the revrnd said, pick your favorite dealer

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sledder432~ Why would you put a mxzx susp. on a REV 800, I've test ridden one for 2 hours in 2' bumps and jumped a couple times, I'm 230 pounds and did not come close to bottomming  it stock, this never happened to me before and it wasn't even an X  
 I tried to beat the #### out of it and was still getting a touring ride in the worst conditions. The only thing it's not ment to doo is lake racing, it's very unstable over 100 mph  
The new seating position seems to absorb most of the bumps and since I don't have enough money to buy a REV, I'm modifying my seat to get the same feeling as the REV. To make a long story short, GO WITH THE REV  

1 - 10 of 10 Posts