Snowmobile World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to buy 2 sleds for me & wife. Biggest question is what should she ride? She is fairly new to riding. She rode my old sleds in small fields. Live in Central NY and ride mostly trails. Was thinking mxz 380 fan for her. Would a 500 fan or 550 fan be too much power for her in winding trails? Also would like opinion on mxz 380 500 and 550 fans. What kind of speeds and reliability.

·
Registered
978 Posts
just kidding, i had a 380 formula s and my wife out grew it too fast. I would suggest at least a 500 fan or even a liquid cooled 500. My wife quickly adapted to a 800 renegade last year, only bushed it once!! :p

·
Registered
745 Posts
I puschased my wife a 600cc, because if you ever have to sell it, I think the resale maybe better(Liquid) and it maybe easier to find a buyer. Plus if my sled goes down, I would not have to drive a over sized hair dryer.

just my .02

FZ700

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would buy a 500 liquid or 600 liquid , your wife will grow out of the 380 or 500 fan to quickly and then she will say she wants a bigger sled. Like FZ700 said the resale is better for a liquid.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
550 fan MXZ or Legend 550:) woulb be my choices

The 380 should get 65mph(I had three older 380 before)The 380/377s will last long and be great on gas

The 550 should be good for 80mph maybe 85 tops,nice lightweight sled for the wife

·
Registered
678 Posts
Get her a 500 liquid legend, you will definitly want her to have electric start and reverse unless you want to be running back to pull her rope and have a strong back to turn it around. My wife has the '02 fan and it only goes about 65 MPH. It is kind of disapointing. We should have got the liquid.

·
Registered
132 Posts
maybe you could buy her a 600 or 700 and put a throtle stop on it and as she gets used to it adjust the throtle stop !!!

sorry had to say it but i suppose it could actually happen when i was young we had a three wheeler my father put a hose clamp on the throttle so we could only push it so far then we got smart and started taking it off when we got out of sight :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts