Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 Polaris xc sp 45th anniversary. The owner's manual calls for a champion RN2C plug which cross references to a NGK BR9ES. The Polaris service manual calls for a Champion RN57YC of which I can not find a NGK cross reference. The NGK website calls for a BPR9EVX Platinum plug for my Polaris model(more expensive, over $6 per plug). What plug should I use? Do I need to use the more expensive platinum plug or will I get better performance if I do?

Any suggestions or info. on what you use would help.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Only use the Champions!!!!!! The NGKs work but not as good. The engines were built to run best with Campion Plugs.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Finally someone else says to use Champions!!!!!!!! I had NGK in the sled when I bought it. I may leave them in for a bit. I bought 6 new plugs (trip, cyl.),rn2c to use. I've never sen a Polaris run right with anything other than a Champion, don't know why but they never seem to foul plugs, stock atleast.
Caleb

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have also had the best luck with the champion plugs in my 700. Never had a problem fouling one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Double M, be sure to use the RN57YCC, not the RN2C. The RN57YC has been superceeded with an RN57YCC. You can use the YCC in a YC application, but not the other way around.Your sled will look better if you get the mailbox decals off and opt for the XC style ones. Ask your dealer... pray for snow! - XCorcist

·
Registered
355 Posts
i run br9es in mine i havent had any problem at all get about 12-1300 miles out of them...came with rn2c i believe (bought it new) and ran them...didnt do too bad 950 miles out of them..ran the champions in my dads old sled..87 trail...could never keep the sled runnin right....then when he got his xlt, 3 champions came with (spares) put them in...dont think it went only 50 miles adn they were gone...they were gapped and right plugs and everything...i dont know maybe just got bad sets or something...never had a problem with the ngk tho..just my 2cents...-INDY

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have never seen a polaris run right on NGK spark plugs, Champions are the only way to go. If it doesn't run right on the Champions than there has to be something else causing it not to run properly, not the spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Use nothing but the champion rn57 in this sled or you will hole a piston. This is also what Polaris sent to all the dealers in their team tips when these sleds cam out. This is due to the fact the cdi is set up to vary the heat range of the spark during dif throttle openings,engine rpm, engine temps ect. The system was designed using the champion plug stated by Polaris service manual. The owners manuals are a generic type manual which are for all the sleds from the regular indys to the xcrs and everything inbetween. They are not model specific is what I trying to say.

But like I said use the champions as stated in the service manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts