Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a track for my 1999 Polaris XC700. I have looked around at various options. I want ot stick with the Camoplast. I am thinking of the HackSaw track. I run 144 studs so I was thinking of the 1" HackSaw pre molded for the studs. I was thinking 1 1/4" studs with this track. I was wondering if anyone has any input or experience.

I mostly ride on tight techinal trails that are hard packed. I have very little time on fresh powder and trail breaking. I do get occational ditch banging though.

Also I noticed that Campoplast offers a pull through garantee on certain lug height tracks any experience with this.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am in need of a track for my 1999 Polaris XC700. I have looked around at various options. I want ot stick with the Camoplast. I am thinking of the HackSaw track. I run 144 studs so I was thinking of the 1" HackSaw pre molded for the studs. I was thinking 1 1/4" studs with this track. I was wondering if anyone has any input or experience.

I mostly ride on tight techinal trails that are hard packed. I have very little time on fresh powder and trail breaking. I do get occational ditch banging though.

Also I noticed that Campoplast offers a pull through garantee on certain lug height tracks any experience with this.[/b]
i have a 1 inch 600 and a 1 1/4 inch 800.the six gets alot of spin and you can slide it around on the trails if you like that.[personally i do]the 1 1/4 800 hardly spins and you feel like your glued to the ground.not much moving.if it does it will hook up real quick.real good acceleration thou.jmo

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 02 edge x 600 with the 1 1/4" ripsaw. i love this track. i bought it predrilled for studs and have yet to put them in. this track hooks up well with out the studs. of course ice is a problem but hard pack snow.....look out. i strongly recommend this track.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I have considered the 1 1/4" RipSaw since all of the good that I have heard and I can even buy a RipSaw cheaper than the HackSaw but I want to run studs. I am concerned about the extra height of the studs that are required to be used with the 1 1/4" track. I am not sure if there are clearance issues. Also I am wondering if the added lenght of the studs may put extra strain on the track.

The trails that I ride can get icy due to some large hills and alot of tight turns. I know that I can ride without studs since I have done it for many years. I think that I have just been spoiled by running the studs.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I have considered the 1 1/4" RipSaw since all of the good that I have heard and I can even buy a RipSaw cheaper than the HackSaw but I want to run studs. I am concerned about the extra height of the studs that are required to be used with the 1 1/4" track. I am not sure if there are clearance issues. Also I am wondering if the added lenght of the studs may put extra strain on the track.

The trails that I ride can get icy due to some large hills and alot of tight turns. I know that I can ride without studs since I have done it for many years. I think that I have just been spoiled by running the studs.[/b]
i have had no problems with studs hitting on anything.i dont run my track real tite either.i used the tall aluminum nuts and think they are great.none bent yet.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Camoplast predator with 144 1.25's will do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts