Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering who has a modular helmet w/ heated shield, and how well does it work? i have the helmet, but i was thinking about the heated shield because i am sick of the rubber mask.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had my Modular for 3 years now. I just got a heated shield for it this year( haven't used it yet.). The mask doesn't bother me, it is riding while it is snowing or freezing rain that bothers me with the regular shield and the snow sticking and freezing to it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i dont even use the rubber mask,i have a good balaclava...and havent had any fogging issues,might depend on how hard you breath?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had one for 2 years now and absolutely love it. I don't have a heated shield and have never run across conditions that would warrent one. During one of my rides last year, the temps were around -15 Deg. F. and I was the only one that had a clear shield. The only thing that you've got to watch out for is freezing of the breath outlets. If you just pick it once in a while and remove the ice your all set.

·
Registered
364 Posts
best helmet out. I have had mine since they came out 99. Love it. No problems with foggin or anything

·
Registered
14 Posts
I`ve had mine since 99.I wouldn`t part with it.I tried the heated visor last year,ended up giving it back to the dealer.They were quite a number of heated visors that didn`t work last year.The helmets are so good that its hard to tell if the electric visor isn`t working.Not really needed anyway......... SWRules

1 - 7 of 7 Posts