Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talkin about these guys that do a little port work on the exhaust, and throw a thick base gasket under the cylinder, I'm talkin about someone who could take an already trail ported and piped MachZ, and Wick it up on pump gas. Somebody who knows ROTAX, and can get that extra hp that I'm lookin for.  Looking at guys like Cudney, Don Emery, and Lanny Benoit, are there others or opinions???

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would consider Chuck Walters in Lewiston. Chuck has been doing it longer than just about anyone in the buissnes. He has shown many other perf. shops how to do motors.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
chuck builds some of the fastest rotax's I have ever seen.I would give him a call at the twin lakes marina in lewiston. he has been building high performance motors longer than I have been riding and that has been a long time now at 20 + years.I would not be so quick to call him second best.

·
Registered
692 Posts
im not calling no one second best!!
ive seen lanny drags and hands down to ME if i was spending that kind of $ i would have him do it.
there is allways someone faster

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are not in a hurry call Rick "MacDizzy" Kirmil www.macdizzy.com. He did my 700 twin. I was in Quebec last week and raced a little at the Cabanon. Waxed a T-Cat and an SRX on the lake. Topended both sleds. Had a Cudney set-up before and there is no comparison. I also never got less than 10MPG and saw as high as 12+MPG. This sled is running through a stock Ski-doo single pipe. GLH Racing worked on this sled and Damon can attest to its performance. Rick takes a long time to get it done but when you get it back it is worth it. Good luck, ronzx9.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you are shopping in Mich. I still think Chuck is the best bet. Just ask ZMachMan. He runs a small outfit. Just because it is small, doesn't mean it isn't good. He has done so much work for so many years. And it is proven. He has one of the fasted Mod sleds in the state. Holds several records.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Why yes he does. Good thing about Chuck, he is just about the most honest guy out there. He will not try to talk you into things that you don't need. He will tell ya what actually works.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dooer, Stock TRA with an AC roller secondary. 18gram pins stock ramps 250-420 spring. 57/50helix with ZR 800 spring. Still dialing in the clutching. She was overreving on a long lake run. Ran the sled on lake Archebald for aproximately 6 kilometers WOT. That is where I was seeing the overrev. Rick has been working on twostrokes since the mid seventies. Mine was one of the first sled motors he did. He works a lot on Sea-doo's. If you check out his website you will see he is a true enthusiast. ronzx9

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Twin Lakes Marina ,Lewiston Michigan

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Without a doubt, Chuck Walter.  He is simply the best.   You will get a straight answer.  He has done some work on my sleds, and follows up to your questions after you pay him.   Very honest man, and races ice himself.    Here is the number:  989-786-2711.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT ALL THE GUYS SUGGESTED. I CAN ONLY SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE FOR ONE OF THEM, (DON EMERY) HE HAS PORTED SEVERAL OF MY SLEDS AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT RELIABLE AND UNBELIEVABLE PERFORMANCE OUT OF ALL OF THEM. I DONT THINK YOU CAN GO WRONG WITH ANY OF THE ONES SUGGESTED.(DNE PERF.) 1-705-487-3689.

·
Registered
149 Posts
One of the best kept secrets in cylinder preparation...Mark Herek. Herek Motors. He`s Michigans Price Performance distributor, I have seen his 800 Rotax motors (stock cyls) wax EVERYTHING in their path. All of the above mentioned people are very accomplished tuners and racers. Mark is a good guy and genuinely likes what he`s doing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts