Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tryed to ride tonight buy i only made it 23kms and froze my hands numb even with bar warmers it was brisk @-35 but i just got my new sled insured and had to try it out first real ride on the trails thing is peppy 2001 mxz 800 sick ride to smooth for the cost

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am I the only die hard

Come on guys it wasn't that cold @ -35 lol u can do it sled runs mint on cold wether days

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've ridden at temps from -20F to -48F. The -48F wasn't by choice. We went to our cabin and it was suppose to warm up from the -20, but instead we woke up the next morning to -48.

We had 3 machines, 2 of them were Skidoo 670's and the other was a 583. Starting those machines (96-97's) was extremely hard. Took two of us to pull on the 670's and we just kept pulling slowly until we figured we could get it to spin. 2-stroke oil is like syrup when it is that cold. We mixed a little bit with the gas just to make sure it was getting some oil. Took a while to get all the machines running, but we did and road those blocks of ice out. (seats are really hard at -20 and colder).

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have the bitter cold in the yukon. I have had my sled for two months. and was dying to go for a rip. it was -30 when i started the sled. When i got back it dropped to 42 below.
It was intense. i was glad to get home by the hot fire. The sled handled it like nothin. Had to hand crank it the battery was frozen.
I like the hand warmers i have really crank out the heat on the cold nites. The seat was nice and warm my rad is under it, kept it warm. Was too cool.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cold won't stop and lots of snow

This winter in ontario has been the coldest I have seen here in some time Barrie area so for this area to get this much snow is great but now it's so cold u can't hardly ride handle bar Warmers arent even hot enough to keep hands from freezing on high setting and I am a carpenter I work out there in this crap dureing the week.too today was -31 windchill warning it's crazy normally is like -12 @ it's best

1 - 7 of 7 Posts