Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who all rides in Columbia Gear and if they think it is warm enough. Please let me know where you ride and what type of jacket you have i.e. Fire Ridge parka,etc. Thanks.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I had a columbia jacket for skiing and it had a zip out fleece. it was very warm when skiing but i used it one time when my good coat ripped and I freezed my ( ) ) off. I think its better to go with the sledding jackets... the outer shell is usually tougher and less wind can get through them

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have one and it worked fine. Not as warm as my new Ski Doo one but sometimes this one is too warm anyway.
Ryan

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have columbia boots for snowmobiling.very nice and i have a coldwave jacket,nice you can zipp in two liners and has cooling vents to open and close great for day to night ridin

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a columbia coat for skiing ,titanium is the model I think, quite warm ,fleece inner etc. My old beat up columbia I wear sleddin when I dont have the ice-rider on still keeps the cold out great. oh ya columbia bibs too ,also good.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Steimy i have always used Columbia gear for sledding, untill this season because i switched to doo gear. my jacket was a Columbia Bugaboo and i cant remember what the pants are but both were very warm and i ride in some really cold conditions here in Newfoundland.

·
Registered
115 Posts
:) SWRules Cold wave gear is pretty good.Top of the line Reima is awsome, (my buddy has had his gear ,Reima, for years and swears by it ), real heavy quality. I bought ski-doo brand two years ago and have never been cold. I cant remember the name of the coat but it is the longer style so your bottom of your back is covered when seated, its built tough. We ride in a constant -10 to -20. The conditions are usually dry snow 4000ft. and up, but in early rides and late fall rides when it has rained i am still warm. One more note, last year i put that jacket to the altimate test, we went for a ride on a fan boat in january in about -15 which doesnt sound bad but the boat did about 80mph and i was on the middle bucket seat which was raised up 3-4 feet so you were sitting directly in the wind, not hiding behind a sleds hood or windshield, and i was still warm..........

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I love columbia gear. I don't think you will have a problem, as long as the jacket is made for cold weather. If not, even a good shell, with lots of warm layers underneath will be fine.

FishHog

·
Registered
116 Posts
The good Columbia gear, is labeled with a Titanium patch. The Titanium line is windproof, waterproof, breathable with Omni-Tech, which is either a coating or laminate like Gore-Tex.

The Fire Ridge parka is not a Titanium line product, so does not have Omni-Tech to guarantee wind, waterproof, breathable. The fabric on this parka, just has a coating to make it wind and water resistant, not wind and waterproof.

I live in Portland, Oregon, the home of Columbia Sportswear. And have used Columbia products for years. I am now wearing the Ballistic parka, and Ballistic pant. Most of the time I wear the parka without the liner, unless it is real cold. It is too warm with the liner in most of the time, but I always bring the liner with me, for just in case. With the parka being windproof, that is what really cuts down on getting cold. The ballistic pant is just a shell with a thin fleece liner in the seat area, and I wear fleece pants underneath. Everything keeps me warm, even on night rides getting down to 0F. I also use this gear Skiing, and climbing.

Would only recommend, a Titanium line product, and it is guaranteed. To find Titanium line, go to website below, go to product search, pick pants or jackets, click on different products, then click on fabic and features, there it will show if it is Titanium and if it has Omni-Tech
http://www.columbia.com

And like Bone Daddy said the Columbia boots are great, fit like a glove and warm. Have the Columbia Titanium Excellerator.

We ride Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts