Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 mxzx 800 with a ripsaw track and mbrp can. The zr is stock other than a can. Who will win in a race. I am thinking i will take him out of the hole but he will beat me on top end. Any input on these twos sleds? thanks in advance

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
this question frequently arises here at SW, one of the most common responses is one im about to give you.

Depends on ALOT of factors, weight of the two riders, conditions of the racing surface, track tension, clutching and so on. Clutching is a very big factor in this equation,

one of my buddies had a ZL 600 he bought used that would smoke (im not making this up) most 700 and 800 sleds of any make or model. Once it got to 60mph you would have a hard time catching it unless yo had a true lake racer. Some investigative work and we found the clutch to be completely "almost blueprinted and adjusted by someone who obviously knew what weights/springs/engagement would get the most out of the motor without having to start modifying it.

So if you want to kick his but, then talk to some who knows clutching really well, they can make some great adjustments and your opponent would most likely not be able to tell by a quick look across the sled.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking clutchin

I am leaning toward the clutchin I have always wanted to do this and powderboy convinced me. I found a brand new in the box goodwin clutch kit for my sled. I have heard they are good. Has anyone used goodwin clutch kits before? Any ifo appreciated thanks Rob

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Goodwin has some good clutches but consult someone who knows how to tweak it right for your machine. There are alot of things you can do after trying it a few runs then let someone know what its doing. When you buy a new clutch itsd not always as simple as a bolt on process you may need to shim it to make sure you are getting the smoothest engagement, this will help the life of the clutch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts